More entertained with the lower scoring corps.

When I saw quarterfinals in the theater, I thought at the intermission, "wow, if the bottom corps are that good, I can't wait to see the top ones." Boy, was I disappointed.

A "schtick" that was forgotten, but has returned: massive props covering the field (Red Poppies, anyone? What about "Chess and the Art of Strategy"? Gangsta Chronicles?)

Let's just pray that the chaos approach is also a passing fad.

I stand with you!! I refer to the higher scoring corps as the Z7 because they do this to me...Zzzzzzz

AWESOME idea!!

Would agree the bottom six are extremely entertaining.... Who'd have ever thought that BK and Madison both would be showing off Jim Prime music. Though Scouts are a big fan favorite most of the time, BK was a fan favorite for the first time in a long time. Boston again had a great hornline and decent show and Blue Stars are maybe the most underrated corps from this summer. That said, I have to disagree that the top 6 were less entertaining. I was equally entertained by all save maybe the Devils and Glassmen. SCV was kinda meh for me, but I absolutely loved Bluecoats, Crown, Cavies and Cadets this year. Phantom was solid for me as well. I think in most seasons I feel the top 2-3 maybe entertain us and maybe a few more lower corps do as well, but this year has to be the most entertaining top to bottom I've ever seen. I jumped outta my seat at least 10 times in San Antonio for different corps. I have never felt that energized by all the corps at any DCI show I've been to live. Just a magical year with lots of great shows.

Wes P

Look for more Corps next year to emulate the Blue Devils style of " Looking through a Glass Darkly and Acting Absurdly ".

There is a decided " follow the leader " mentality with DCI show designers.

When Phantom won and pushed the DM off the podium in '08, Crown did the same thing in '09, putting a pixie girl up on the DM podium and shoving him aside.

This year we had the "take your flag, rifle, horn, and look -like- you're- beating -something- into- the- ground -with-it- schtick move "

The Cadets had Geoffrery, the village idiot schtick, and another lower placement Corps ( forget which one ) then adopted the village idiot schtick for their corps too during the season.

Some schticks though die a merciful death. Remember all the Corps that went with the" Narration " schtick a few years back ? There was narration and singing all over the place. But one of the top Corps must have said " pull the mic on the narrators " and all the others quickly followed suit.

What will be the 2011 schtick ?

Visual Bobbleheads meets the " Wack-a Mole in a Box".

That will be my prediction of visual moves for 2011. Corps will move heads up , down, sideways, you name it. By the 4h of July weekend in 2011, we'll be watching something akin to the visual " Wack- a Mole in the Box ".This will allow the village diot to incorporate the rifle as a weapon to run around the field trying to " Wack-a' Mole " all the marchers with their bobbleheads jumping up and down via what SCV did in a visual segment this year. We just have to " think outside the box" of maybe where we're " heading " for 2011.

I've never understood the follow the leader mentality. If you are going to follow the leader than you are always going to be just that "2nd BEST". LEAD by your own example and stop trying to be a COPYCAT.

I've never understood the follow the leader mentality. If you are going to follow the leader than you are always going to be just that "2nd BEST". LEAD by your own example and stop trying to be a COPYCAT.

AMEN- Be original and creative without following a "Model." The best idea for any corps is one that best fits the strengths of that unit. I doubt that many corps could run around the field crazily and then play and be successful. BD can get away with it cause- Well they just have more talent and are good at what they do. Is it what I want to see? No, is it what drum corps needs? No. Is it what the Devils need? I don't know but they're successful with it. But that's them and needs to only be them, it won't work for anyone else.

Wes P