You know, I've been thinking about it,

but who should I try out for in the fall? Which corps would best suit me? Sure I have my favorites, but I don't know if they're really right for me. I know it's a total amateur question, but I'm really wondering........

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a male? or a female?

I had a chance to at least audition for Madison in 93 but marched Spirit instead due to feelings of loyalty. Wasn't a great year and I always wondered what could have been. Why I didn't audition for 94 or 95 which was my age-out year I'll never know. ANyway my 1st point being don't regret not going for your favorite corp. Point 2: GO FOR MADISON THEY'RE BACK ON THEIR WAY UP!!!

Auditioning for a drum corps these days is very similar to applying for college. Send out lots of audition videos. Have a few back up plans. And if you reeeeeaaallllllllly want to march, don't be to proud to spend a summer in the Open Class.

I kinda really want to do BD. Something about them just fascinates me.... but I always think of the age-old excuse "They'd never pick me".

You do not know until you TRY. What's the worst that can happen- they say no, perhaps give you some pointers. Just have a go at it!

This is just a parents perception, and there are lots of factors that play into choosing a corps. I would recommend talking to some of the members and staff of the different corps you are interested in and see how there experiences fit in with what you are looking for. As long as you give your personal best to the corps you choose you will be fine. My daughter just finished her first year on tour and one of the statements she made was that she learned it isn't always about the destination, it is the voyage to the destination that matters.

I kinda really want to do BD. Something about them just fascinates me.... but I always think of the age-old excuse "They'd never pick me".

You'll never know unless you try. When I was 16, I didn't necessarily think Blue Devils would take me on but they did...I am forever glad that I made the effort. It was a life-changing experience!