DCPI XV Location Thread

Galen

Bummer. I like the Canada vibe, though. Fits the international theme, yet it's an easy transition from the States. Perhaps there can be a Canadian tour after the last East Coast shows, as an alternative to the usual Western swing?

Another interesting idea, based on the European tour, is having a Pacific tour, with possible sites including Chinese coastal cities, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, and Hawaii. Thoughts?

We used to do a pacific tour, I had a Div I corps based out of Australia called Oracle.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be REALLY hard to argue against BYU when the view from the seats looks like this:

pg2_byu_tmq_600.jpg

Exactly.

Ajinomoto Stadium in Kanagawa, Japan

A large stadium that alrady has a footing in the drum corps spotlight

Ajinomoto-Stadium-photo.jpg

That's a LOT of space between the stands and the field:

Ajinomoto_Stadium_Panorama_2.jpg

Ajinomoto_Stadium_Panorama.jpg

Maybe have an All-Bay Area set? There are enough large stadiums that each class (World, Open, A) could have its own home stadium for the show, that would rival many former World-Class host sites.

I'm thinking something like...

-Candlestick Park for World

candlestick-park-birds-eye-view.jpg

-Stanford Stadium for Open

newaerial.jpg

-California Memorial Stadium (UC-Berkeley) for A

stadium-aerial.jpg

While the spread-out nature of the sites would make it a bit harder for fans, things should be nowhere near as bad as they were for Wednesday's action this past season, and there shouldn't be quite as much of an issue with spacing things out.

If we did want to consolidate things, we could have prelims/quarters spread out amongst all three stadia, then narrow to just the Stick and Stanford for semis, then have consolidated Finals at the Stick.

We've had some good input in this thread, but it looks like it's petering out, so I'm going to announce LAST CALL for suggestions. This thread will be closed at 4PM CST, shortly after which the voting threads will be opened. Based on input, voting will be broken down into 5 regional categories, and directors will be able to vote once in each category. The categories will be:

California

Arizona

Pacific NW

Utah/Colorado

International- Pacific Rim

Edit- voting is now OPEN and will run through 4 PM CST on Friday.

Maybe have an All-Bay Area set? There are enough large stadiums that each class (World, Open, A) could have its own home stadium for the show, that would rival many former World-Class host sites.

Of those 3, I like Stanford the best. Berkeley's a slightly smaller Rose Bowl and Candlestick's way too old.

Remember, preliminary voting concludes at 4 PM CST today. Final voting will begin right after that and will run until 4 PM CDT on Sunday.