Scranton show

Actually, we're talking about the SCRANTON show, not DCA finals.

that goes for scranton as well ray.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucs 94.5 They usually take off at this point of the season. Last year at Scranton was pretty convincing to me.

Hurcs 92.1 Getting stronger each time I see them. I like how they have been putting the pieces together over the last few years.

Empire 91.8 They play their show well, but I think it has a slightly lower ceiling than Hurcs. Kitchen sink time?

Cabs 91.4 May sneak up on Empire if they make the right adjustments. I can see this corps gunning for the top 3 by Finals.

Bush 88.5 This corps loves to go unnoticed and grab a few corps from behind. Wonder if they have filled out their ranks?

My nomination for the new Jeff Ream slogan....

"Back when I marched..." :smile:

thanks for the suggestion, but I'll pass :tongue:

It is kind of interesting, ironic, bogus...take your pick. Bottom line is this...Reading has won every show this season, sweeping every major caption. They have beat Empire in brass and Hurcs in percussion, which are both corps strongest captiions and there are just 2 weeks left 'till prelims. I don't see how anyone can think there is a reasonable chance at anyone else winning DCA.

My comment was about Empire, not Bucs. I don't know if they are beatable. I do know they aren't the powerful machine they once were IN MY OPINION. There are still a few shows to go before the fat lady sings.

Since this thread is about Scranton, and my comment was about Empire, I guess I should have went and quoted, tho I thought it was obvious follow-up enough. I think Empire can loose percussion to Hurcs easily. They also don't have the guard Hurcs so. *EDIT what I get for typing out summonses and answer VOR at the same time. That should have said They also don't have the guard Hurcs HAS so I doubt they will take that caption.* Like I said before after their last meeting if Hurcs fixed up that brass line Empire wouldn't remotely feel any sort of confidence.

Taking conversations about other corps and tossing in Bucs dominance as you see it isn't cool. Let us talk about the other groups without the But they are going to lose to Bucs!! rhetoric for a while please.

Edited by LegalEagle50

I think Empire can loose percussion to Hurcs easily.

I need to go ahead and respectfully disagree with this. The drum scores from Kingston are incredibly hard to take seriously and Empire nipped at Reading's heels in this caption last week.

Like I said before after their last meeting if Hurcs fixed up that brass line Empire wouldn't remotely feel any sort of confidence.

Empire should absolutely be feeling confidence at this point. They've got the crowd into their show and they're to the point where they're starting to win sub-captions. The horn line was better two weeks ago than they were at finals last year. The drum line has incredible sound quality and their technique is much improved (see: Cicero recap). I could go on for years about how improved their front ensemble is over years past. They actually have a well defined technique that is being achieved and they are playing a ton of notes t(hat will require a little more cleaning before Labor Day...) The visual program is in very capable, knowledgeable hands, and it is finally starting to show as far as feet, movement, and timing go. There are very few details left to be desired at this point, and that's not something I've been able to say about the Statesmen the last few years.

These are all huge improvements for the corps over the last few years. Sounds pretty #### good to me, regardless of who they end up beating or not beating in the next 3 weeks.

Taking conversations about other corps and tossing in Bucs dominance as you see it isn't cool. Let us talk about the other groups without the But they are going to lose to Bucs!! rhetoric for a while please.

Now there's something I can absolutely get on board with. :smile:

Here's my prediction:

Buccaneers - 93.3

Statesmen - 91.5

Hurricanes - 90.9

Caballeros - 89.7

Bushwackers - 86.3

Its interesting. People keep talking about who hasn't beaten who yet this season. Have we forgotten what happened last year? Hurcs didnt lose to anyone other than Buccs all season until finals. I honestly dont think its anyone's game....except Buccs maybe. Its a dog fight. Everyone is in it to win it. They arent going for 2nd or 3rd. The top 5 I personally think is there. Where they end up? who knows. The past 2 years, placements 2 - 5 was never a sure thing and both years changed between prelims and finals. All of the groups have alot to clean up and have their eyes on the prize. Im just glad its a dog fight and not huge spreads at the top. You also have no idea what kid of curve ball Kidsgrove Scouts will add into the mix. So it will be interesting the rest of the season.

He can't get out of this one... He's working it... and bringing along Barbara to keep him in line...

Correct.... on all counts!!!!!

i can't help but wonder how many of you are cabs fans. Cabs haven't come within 2 full points of empire the past 3 shows. Including kingston when empire beat cabs by 2.2 with a bogus drum score. Yet all these reviews have cabs within .2 -.3 from empire, if not beating empire haha.

i can't help but wonder how many of you are cabs fans. Cabs haven't come within 2 full points of empire the past 3 shows. Including kingston when empire beat cabs by 2.2 with a bogus drum score. Yet all these reviews have cabs within .2 -.3 from empire, if not beating empire haha.

It happens every year. Judging by a majority of people's posts, I think it is less of a pro-Cabs thing and more of an anti-Statesmen thing. All the predictions always have them down in 5th, sometimes 8th place, but every year they find themselves in the top 3-4...

haters_gonna_hate.gif