2010 Blu-Ray Question

Ah, there's the problem....You're using your PS3 as a video source. You need to get rid of that thing (because the Xbox 360 rules) Tell you what, just mail me your PS3 and I will dispose of it for you. :cool:

Actually, the PS3 is one of the best BlueRay players on the market today, out-performing most stand alone units.

I read a few years ago when I got my 1st HD TV that the human eye can't detect the difference in HD quality when the TV is less than 50"....? Technology changes and that may no longer be the case.

The 2009 Blu-rays were in my opinion a watershed in Drum Corps. Until the 100 yard 3D TV is invented it's by far the best you can get without actually being there.

I can't wait for the 2010 Blu-rays!!!

Actually, the PS3 is one of the best BlueRay players on the market today, out-performing most stand alone units.

Cool, that's what we've got! I upgraded my Fan Network subscription so that I could get the Blu-ray this year. Can't wait to see it!

As much as I would love to have the 2009 Blu-ray, I'd already bought the DVD (that was before hubby bought the PS3), and I just don't feel like double-dipping. Same for my 2010 Winter Olympics DVDs. I really wish I'd bought those in Blu-ray, but again, when I ordered them it was before we had the PS3. Oh, well.

Ah, there's the problem....You're using your PS3 as a video source. You need to get rid of that thing (because the Xbox 360 rules) Tell you what, just mail me your PS3 and I will dispose of it for you. :lookaround:

I have both with the PS3 on top of the Xbox, I find myself using the PS3 more, although I like to use the Xbox for Netflix.

I read a few years ago when I got my 1st HD TV that the human eye can't detect the difference in HD quality when the TV is less than 50"....? Technology changes and that may no longer be the case.

Depends on how far away you're sitting, but yeah generally the eye can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p on typical sets at typical distances. However, I still want as much resolution packed into the recordings as possible for when I get my wall-sized screen... next year, yeah, that's it.

Believe me, I LOVE the product, I just notice watching the Blu-Ray's off my PS3 that the picture quality isn't as crystal clear as what I'm used to watching on my cable broadcasts, which I have set to 1080i rather than 720p, that's all. Definitely not a slight on you Mr. Blair, but just writing my observations with my newest purchase.

No matter what, I definitely plan on buying the 2010 Blu-Ray's and looks like I'm going to soon need a better audio system to enjoy them even more.

Thanks, Kyle. No offense taken. Believe me, one needs pretty thick skin to read posts on DCP and to keep coming back for more. With the complexity of HD options, I think it's great that you asked the questions. On-the-50 clearly knows what's up with HD tech.

Definitely look into a DTS Master Audio based surround sound setup. As great as the video looks on the blu-rays, the DTS audio is every bit as great.

Edited by TRBlair