Your favorite Star of Indiana shows of "all time"

Star of Indiana Shows  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Star show ever?

• 1985: The Music of Walt Disney
    • 1986: ET/Close Encounters/Star Wars
    • 1987: The Greatest Show on Turf
    • 1988: Porgy and Bess
    • 1989: Henry V
    • 1990: Belshazzar's Feast
    • 1991: Roman Images
    • 1992: American Variations
    • 1993: The Music of Barber and Bartok
  2. 2. What's your least favorite Star show ever?

• 1985: The Music of Walt Disney
    • 1986: ET/Close Encounters/Star Wars
    • 1987: The Greatest Show on Turf
    • 1988: Porgy and Bess
    • 1989: Henry V
    • 1990: Belshazzar's Feast
    • 1991: Roman Images
    • 1992: American Variations
    • 1993: The Music of Barber and Bartok
  3. 3. What did you prefer?

• Star of Indiana drum and bugle corps
    • Brass Theatre with the Canadian Brass
    • Blast! on Broadway
    • I'm not familiar enough with Star's post-DCI efforts to vote

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was tough for me.

88 was when I really fell in love with Star. As much as I wanted to vote for 88, 91's show ending just puts this show over the top for me. 91 for the first poll

87 hands down should win the 2nd poll. Not that it was a bad show ... it just wasn't of the same caliber of even the 2 previous offerings. The elephants, jugglers ... the tiger ..... it was a bit over the top for me.

My favorite show for Star of Indiana by far has to be 1991 with "Roman Images". My least favorite was in 1993 with "The Music of Barber and Bartok". It's just boring Bartok IMO. For me music makes the man...so to speak. I don't like Bartok and didn't like SCV this year either because of that. In addition, while I really enjoyed Blast (saw 3 different times) I still missed Star with their on field performance that only a live drum corps show can give me. That's one reason why I go to drum corps shows every year! I love them!

My favorite show for Star of Indiana by far has to be 1991 with "Roman Images". My least favorite was in 1993 with "The Music of Barber and Bartok". It's just boring Bartok IMO. For me music makes the man...so to speak. I don't like Bartok and didn't like SCV this year either because of that. In addition, while I really enjoyed Blast (saw 3 different times) I still missed Star with their on field performance that only a live drum corps show can give me. That's one reason why I go to drum corps shows every year! I love them!

Love the P-47 in your avatar!

Love the P-47 in your avatar!

LOL...your close with the right era, but it's actually the nose of a Chance Vought F4U "Corsair"... :innocent:

Shouldn't this be in the Historical Junior Corps Forum?

So given the glut of "favorite of the decade" polls around here at the moment, I was poking around at various shows on the Fan Network and I was inspired to rewatch most of Star's shows, and they had some great ones. Every year has some amazing playing, and they were pushing the limits on the visuals (hot pink uniforms! alien "flags"!) and repertoire (hey, I love Belshazzar's Feast, but I would not expect it in a drum corps show) from the very start. Everyone talks about 1991 and 1993, and justifiably so, but those weren't the only great shows they put on. Despite all that, I still rate Roman Images the top of the top.

And just to keep it interesting, and maybe spread the poll results around, what was your least favorite? Not to hate, but I'm just curious. Personally, the theme in 1992 was pushed so hard that it turned me off entirely to anything good they were doing out there. But then I'm squeamish about that kind of super-positive-feelgood show in general. So as cheesy as the ET/Star Wars theme was, I voted for 92.

Finally, I never saw Brass Theatre or Blast but I wonder if there are folks out there who really did enjoy those efforts?

BLAST! is an incredibly entertaining experience. I'd go again in a heartbeat. :innocent::tongue:

As the founding member of the "1990 Star of Indiana 3:15" to 4:01" Appreciation Society" I most vote 1990.

But I also dearly love '91 and '93. I know they had an amazing corps in 1992, but that show never really spoke to me. The hornline was, as always, amazing. The 1993 drumline is the best quality of sound drumline ever. Thom Hannum is my hero.

Edited by atlvalet