Roc weather - first look

for those that want to track any possible hurricane go to stormpulse.com. there is one way out there but probably not a problem for rochester.........me on the other hand have to watch them all. :tongue:

YEAH!!! All hurricanes may now detour to Naples/Ft. Myers Florida area... Don says it's ok

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH!!! All hurricanes may now detour to Naples/Ft. Myers Florida area... Don says it's ok

you know... and Don will back me up on this... Punta Gorda above Ft. Myers is "little Rochester" and believe me, it's not the slums... it's definitely the high rent district... but that last hurricane there leveled that place.... and our media definitely tempered the reporting - "who wants to hear rich retired people complain" - truth is - losing everything hurts no matter what your bank account is or how much insurance you have...

I'm predicting Earthquake for the elusive 6th season.

My rookie year: the crazy downpour at prelims in Scranton (2003)

My Oldest son's rookie year: Ernesto!! (2006)

My youngest son's rookie year (2010): Earthquake! (or some similar Biblical-proportion disaster...YMMV)

My rookie year: the crazy downpour at prelims in Scranton (2003)

Oh man... almost forgot about that.

That was wild... that rain came out of nowhere and really opened up on you guys. I think at least one other corps (Kilties? I don't remember) got caught in the rain that day, too. Then the rain stopped... and the skies cleared again. Weird.

you know... and Don will back me up on this... Punta Gorda above Ft. Myers is "little Rochester" and believe me, it's not the slums... it's definitely the high rent district... but that last hurricane there leveled that place.... and our media definitely tempered the reporting - "who wants to hear rich retired people complain" - truth is - losing everything hurts no matter what your bank account is or how much insurance you have...

yup . it was total devastation and a lot of rochester people live there. we got hit 2 times in 2004 & 2005. but they took the brunt of it.

Rochester will be fine - little warmer than the last few days I'm sure...

for those who don't know, watch those hurricanes... if the first one and second one stay in the Atlantic we're fine... will cause coastal rain that rarely reaches Rochester...

We get it when there is a gulf hurricane that comes in near New Orleans or MS.... those are like a freight train that runs up the Mississippi River - across the Ohio valley and straight into Western NY... Now that would be a problem... that's what caused the Corning Floods in '72 and yes... the mess we played in 5 years ago... The eye of what was left of Katrina went right between Buffalo and Rochester...

Fortunately - we seem safe... should be GREAT!

You got that right! In the immortal words of Fran Haring, " Ladies and gentlemen, this is the only Hurricane I want to see In Rochester! From Seymour, CT, The CT Hurricanes!"

The "Thunder from the valley!" will be there, so put out your storm warning flags!

showers gone again - ####, I hate weather men/women/prognosticators

As a great fan in Rochester - I appreciate your work tracking this... and your posts remind me to look...

with hurricane season driving the prognosticators nuts - guess we better wait till later in the week to be sure.

thanks