Why should any top 12 corp perform in CA?

Stanford's a beautiful venue, i was there last year. Unfortunately too small for finals though. Otherwise i could certainly enjoy a few days in San Francisco in August.

what's it hold concert side?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's it hold concert side?

Here's the Sanford Stadium site.

Looks like it has a total seating capacity of around 50,000, but I can't find that broken down into home- and away-side seats. FWIW, Memorial Stadium in Bloomington holds 53,000, and it worked out quite well.

Edited by byline

(from an "east coaster"....)

It was, is, and will continue to be unfair. Eastern and midwest corps have always stated

that they can't afford the expense, and thus western trips have been rare. Yet BD and SCV

have faithfully traveled across the country every year. I think that they have just accepted it when eastern and midwestern corps stated that their fiscal situations would go from bad to worse. Our current

economy doesn't make it any easier.

With things locked in at Lucas for so many years, I don't see much change coming.

However, at the very least, the west coast deserves at least a few years where they get

one or two "super regionals", with everyone there. As long as there is a 2 year notice, I think

that would be a gesture toward fairness, and good for the activity.

The current scene is not only unfair to the western corps, but also to western fans. Someone who lives

in Allentown, Pa., can go 5 minutes from their home and see everyone, every year. Someone who lives

in California has to get on a plane. Every year. Certainly not equitable.

2007 was my first ever trip to California....I spent a week, and enjoyed my time. As a fan, I would go

again if it was out there.

GB

Well spoken. Nice to know that someone out there understands. +1

Stanford's a beautiful venue, i was there last year. Unfortunately too small for finals though. Otherwise i could certainly enjoy a few days in San Francisco in August.

Don't forget, there is the Coliseum and Candlestick. And Santa Clara just approved building a new stadium for the 49ers.. That stadium is all of 3 miles from SCV's headquarters!

Or, How about we do qtrs in Standford, semis in Candlestick, and finals in the coliseum, or something like that. Be harder on the souvi trucks, but we do more traveling on that in June, and we could pull from locals all over the bay area... And all of these venues are within 30 miles or so of each other. I am certain that SoCal has something similar to offer. The other side, is that there can be 7 years of notice!

Here's the Sanford Stadium site.

Looks like it has a total seating capacity of around 50,000, but I can't find that broken down into home- and away-side seats. FWIW, Memorial Stadium in Bloomington holds 53,000, and it worked out quite well.

so probably 20-22k for the front. given the size crowd DCI is pulling in, that works

Don't forget, there is the Coliseum and Candlestick. And Santa Clara just approved building a new stadium for the 49ers.. That stadium is all of 3 miles from SCV's headquarters!

Or, How about we do qtrs in Standford, semis in Candlestick, and finals in the coliseum, or something like that. Be harder on the souvi trucks, but we do more traveling on that in June, and we could pull from locals all over the bay area... And all of these venues are within 30 miles or so of each other. I am certain that SoCal has something similar to offer. The other side, is that there can be 7 years of notice!

Candleswamp would not be good for drum corps

haven't heard it called that before, but I believe that you are likely right. Besides that, oakland? I must have been hallucinating.

Yes the August monsoons of the SF Bay Area are well known! LOL :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure it is on average about 75 degrees and sunny here all the time... we do get some rain... sometimes... :tongue:

Edited by Big Bad Bari