11th place in exibition?

wait...why in the blue hell are people complaining?

you're getting to see an extra drum corps for the same price as part of a great show?

Yeah sure, maybe it'd be cool to see one more Class A corps. but the bottom line is, you get to see an extra corps, for no extra $$.

I mean Jesus, I participate in some great debates on here, but sometimes I think people will truly ##### about anything.

hey DCA....thanks for giving me an extra corps to watch at no extra cost. as a drum corps fan, I appreciate it

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true.

From at least 1978 to 1984, and I'd think before that and after those dates but I'm unsure, the 11th and 12th place corps performed in exhibition before the Finals. I saw MBI (When they were just "Brass, Inc.") at Allentown in '78 in that exact situation playing "Pinball Wizard", etc. etc..

Why? I'd think it was because there were three LP volumes, and held 4 corps each. Why waste the space on the record?

My guess is that when they went to CD sets, which I have no clue when that happened, the situation changed.

:tongue:

Thanks for the props Big W !! You are correct, sir! :doh: Beginning in '77 along with '78 & '79, Brass Inc. was one of 2 exhibition corps on at the beginning of finals, primarily to fill out the 3 album set. 12th, 12th, then 11th place for us. Good memory too ! The opener in '78 (and '79) was called Super-Wiz, a medley between JC Superstar and Pinball Wizard..

Personally I'd like to see some mini-corps play that chart for fun..It cranked pretty good!

Pat

wait...why in the blue hell are people complaining?

you're getting to see an extra drum corps for the same price as part of a great show?

Yeah sure, maybe it'd be cool to see one more Class A corps. but the bottom line is, you get to see an extra corps, for no extra $$.

I mean Jesus, I participate in some great debates on here, but sometimes I think people will truly ##### about anything.

hey DCA....thanks for giving me an extra corps to watch at no extra cost. as a drum corps fan, I appreciate it

No ####. As a member of a corps that may benefit from this decision, I'm very grateful.

I think the corps that didn't make finals should sit out just like the rest have had to do over the years. If they didn't have a product or perform well enough to deserve a Top 10 spot, then they sit.

Where is the backbone or integrity DCA? Just because Kidsgrove are over here and there is only 11 corps, doesn't mean the rules need to be changed because one corps will sit out. Are you too afraid that corps will complain too much? Flack from fans?

After finishing 12th for 3 straight years (95-97) I remember how much it still meant to perform at Finals. Maybe we weren't good enough (or at least didn't score high enough) to compete, but we were still part of it. I agree with having the 11th place corps perform, it will be a night they will remember and a bonus for the crowd!

As for "judged exhibition", the day that comes back is the day I give up on DCA! What a joke!

As for "judged exhibition", the day that comes back is the day I give up on DCA! What a joke!

I know that DCA corps can request Judged Exhibition. If its honored or not is a whole other subject.

I know that DCA corps can request Judged Exhibition. If its honored or not is a whole other subject.

What I should've said is... Judged Exhibition with score announcement!

Regardless, I think come tomorrow evening I think we may be in for a bit of a surprise on who ends up in that 11th spot

What I should've said is... Judged Exhibition with score announcement!

Regardless, I think come tomorrow evening I think we may be in for a bit of a surprise on who ends up in that 11th spot

Well there you go.

I know who it better not be!!! :doh:

And who would that be?

Well like most of the corps members out there, I was hoping that it wasn't going to be my corps that got the benifit of DCA's decision to let the 11th place corps perform to open up Finals night. But as it turns out it will be the Kilties and I just wanted to say thank-you to DCA for the opportunity to give the fans one more performance before we close the curtain on "A Night at the Opera" and bring our field show season to an end. Any time you get to enter the stadium in uniform is a good time, even if you don't get to see where you stack up against your peers by getting a number at the end of the night. I hope those in attendance tonight will enjoy our performance as much we will enjoy taking the field to perform for you. While I love to compete as much as the next person, in the end without the fans in the stands, our activity would be nothing more than playing our show for empty stadiums across the country.

We will be back again and as always... WWBD!

Ryan J

Well like most of the corps members out there, I was hoping that it wasn't going to be my corps that got the benifit of DCA's decision to let the 11th place corps perform to open up Finals night. But as it turns out it will be the Kilties and I just wanted to say thank-you to DCA for the opportunity to give the fans one more performance before we close the curtain on "A Night at the Opera" and bring our field show season to an end. Any time you get to enter the stadium in uniform is a good time, even if you don't get to see where you stack up against your peers by getting a number at the end of the night. I hope those in attendance tonight will enjoy our performance as much we will enjoy taking the field to perform for you. While I love to compete as much as the next person, in the end without the fans in the stands, our activity would be nothing more than playing our show for empty stadiums across the country.

We will be back again and as always... WWBD!

Ryan J

Go out and enjoy the show, your performance and the crowds love for you. I promise that thats all that is important at this point in the season. Have fun Kilties and congratulations on a very good year. :devil: