2010 Retreat

Then I would suggest that you should have addressed it specifically to those that did the LOS drag and not make a general statement about us mid-westerners being ill-mannered sore losers that haven't a clue about class.

I understand your frustration but take it out on those that offended you.

A simple more "understanding" response on your part might have been: "I'm from the mid-west and I agree that there were many thoughtless fans who left after the announcement of 2nd place...I personally remained seated and applauded after the winner's announcement and score and then departed as I had no plans of watching the encore. Saying that all of us in the mid-west are sore losers is far too broad of a judgement."

That would have put me in my place as the hate monger that I am. :guinesssmilie:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple more "understanding" response on your part might have been: "I'm from the mid-west and I agree that there were many thoughtless fans who left after the announcement of 2nd place...I personally remained seated and applauded after the winner's announcement and score and then departed as I had no plans of watching the encore. Saying that all of us in the mid-west are sore losers is far too broad of a judgement."

That would have put me in my place as the hate monger that I am. :guinesssmilie:

Simply, WOW. Please tell me you are attempting to make a joke or write some form of satire.

You put together a pretty good statement there. I wish my ### hadn't been so frosted that I could have written it myself. :music:

Simply, WOW. Please tell me you are attempting to make a joke or write some form of satire.

No. That is the real plan.... the kid marched in the Devils and they had a boring show that most drum corps fans didn't get, so everybody is a hater and has no class or manners. Just go back to 08 and talk Devils manners, or go to Cali for the champs and see what kind of class there was. Typical for their kind. Hows that for a big brush?

No. That is the real plan.... the kid marched in the Devils and they had a boring show that most drum corps fans didn't get, so everybody is a hater and has no class or manners. Just go back to 08 and talk Devils manners, or go to Cali for the champs and see what kind of class there was. Typical for their kind. Hows that for a big brush?

Not a kid...never marched! Matter of fact, I may have shoes as old as you that I still use! Uh oh, dodging that DCP pigeon hole!

I was responding not so much about the boring (for me it wasn't) but about the manner is which some fans (half, by the OP's reconning) reacted to the announcement. It may have been your response, if so you are under my brush, if you didn't you're not. Now the other "just go back stuff"...proven hog wash, foisted by the bitter. "their kind"?? :guinesssmilie:

Finally, you may want to go back and read some of the Star of Indiana MM's comments in other threads about fan response to their hard work on the field back in the day. If what they said speaks to you...then you will understand, if not...read it again!

Not a kid...never marched! Matter of fact, I may have shoes as old as you that I still use! Uh oh, dodging that DCP pigeon hole!

I was responding not so much about the boring (for me it wasn't) but about the manner is which some fans (half, by the OP's reconning) reacted to the announcement. It may have been your response, if so you are under my brush, if you didn't you're not. Now the other "just go back stuff"...proven hog wash, foisted by the bitter. "their kind"?? :guinesssmilie:

Finally, you may want to go back and read some of the Star of Indiana MM's comments in other threads about fan response to their hard work on the field back in the day. If what they said speaks to you...then you will understand, if not...read it again!

Again, WOW. I left the Atlanta show after "Battle Hymn" was played, but before any scores were announced. I guess I'm a rude southerner.

The way to fight classlessness is to be classy.

Again, WOW. I left the Atlanta show after "Battle Hymn" was played, but before any scores were announced. I guess I'm a rude southerner.

The way to fight classlessness is to be classy.

It appears that you're easy amazed.

And you were not rude in the least leaving after "Battle Hymn". However, you are missing the point. Standing up and leaving after a 2nd place score is announced is rude and insulting. If you were on the field and it happened to you, you perhaps would understand. It's, at best, childish.

It appears that you're easy amazed.

And you were not rude in the least leaving after "Battle Hymn". However, you are missing the point. Standing up and leaving after a 2nd place score is announced is rude and insulting. If you were on the field and it happened to you, you perhaps would understand. It's, at best, childish.

News flash- when the second place score is announced, everyone then knows who won.

News flash- when the second place score is announced, everyone then knows who won.

Judging simply from your signature it appears you marched for Blue Stars. Your corps has played a great show, you are standing in retreat, it's down to the Blue Stars and another corps...the other corps name is called for 2nd place and the stands immediately begin to empty...good stuff huh? Nice warm fuzzy is it? What you think you would deserve for your 6 month effort?

Retreat was far from boring. It was a transition after watching outstanding fast paced performances. I personally like full retreat. I also want to thank the U.S. Marine Drum and Bugle Corps. The retreat experience was majestic and reflective for me. We stayed until the beginning of the encore. I wanted to stay longer but our group of 9 was exhausted, with 4 hours sleep the night before, shaking off renmants of jet lag, being overwhelmed by the corps, the full day downtown and at the lot in heat that we aren't used to and giving each and every finalist a heart felt standing ovation. My hands were so sore by the end of the evening. We left with huge smiles, got back to the hotel and slowly let the day sink in until we got our second wind. Boring? no! Memorable? Yes!!!