Who was the best of the last 11 Ott trophy winners?

Best hornline of the last 11 years.  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best of the last 11 Ott trophy winners?

• 00 Cadets
    • 01 BD
    • 02 Cavaliers
    • 03 BD
    • 04 BD
    • 05 Cadets
    • 06 Cavaliers
    • 07 BD
    • 08 BD
    • 09 Carolina Crown
    • 10 BD

Looking at the results of the poll I would have to assume that it woule be any line other than the Blue Devils of any year... I mean so what if they have won 6 of them... I am sure that these lines that have One or Two Otts under their belts are far superior... :thumbdown:

just b/c BD has the best horn line over an extended period of time, does not mean that the best horn line put out by another corps in a certain is worse than a BD line.

I also voted BD 04, btw.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he did it in a different way but I am sorry for singling you out personally.

lol apology accepted... But... I cannot apologize for being a BD HONK!!! I wear it proudly... :dontgetit:

This is almost comical. I'd say that most of the people who voted for crown 09 havent seen or heard a lot of the previous years, at least live anyway. I think Crown was the best line in 09 but in this decade alone, I feel that there were quite a few hornlines that were better. 2000 Cadets, 2001 Cadets, 2001 Devs, 2002 Cavaliers, 2004 Blue Devils, 2004 Cavaliers, 2005 Cadets, 2007 Cadets, 2007 Bluecoats...

Go ahead and roll your eyes I stand by what I said even as a Cavaliers fan. Machine was an amazing show but I cannot even fathom how it is superior than every other of the 10 amazing brass programs on the poll. I have said it before and I will say it again, 2006 was a disappointment brass-wise.

Exactly. I still DO NOT Understand how phantom 2006's hornline was beaten by Cavaliers... That was messed up. However, machine was one of the most incredible visual treats of any show ever put onto the field, and the front ensemble/guard were top notch as well.

With what i said above being said, I also dont understand how BD 2004 was considered a better hornline than Cavaliers 2004. The brass for that show was so insanely good it was a little upsetting lol

Exactly. I still DO NOT Understand how phantom 2006's hornline was beaten by Cavaliers... That was messed up. However, machine was one of the most incredible visual treats of any show ever put onto the field, and the front ensemble/guard were top notch as well.

I don't know about you, but Regiment's '06 hornline just offended me with some of the sounds they made. I'm all for playing loud, but when you overplay with a bad sound like that, way more than once in a show, it just makes me hurt inside.