1974 World Championship Flag

I have searched and searched to determine if anyone has discussed this topic and I don't mean to 1) beat a dead horse or 2) stir up nasty controversy but I am an SCV alumni from 1989 and never did hear what happend to the 1974 World Championship flag. All during winter camps I would see the flags from all the other SCV DCI Championship years and wondered what happend to this 1974 flag. I did get some vague stories but figured the more well balanced story could be had by posting here with our DCP crowd. So anyone have stories act or fiction to contribute

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the missing flag was returned to SCV sometime within the last 5 to 10 years.

I heard that the missing flag was returned to SCV sometime within the last 5 to 10 years.

Yes, the Corps that took it finally gave it back. Shall I leave them nameless? :hehe: Or will one of them come forward to answer for their "crime" ...hmmmm? :guinesssmilie::music:

... I am an SCV alumni from 1989 and never did hear what happend to the 1974 World Championship flag.
QUOTE (bass5 @ Sep 7 2010, 01:11 PM) *

True.

Happy to hear that the flag is back in the hands of its rightful owners.

Fred O.

P.S. the o.p. is a SCV alumnus, not an (sic) SCV alumni (sorry, I'm one of those grammar nerds. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it! :thumbdown:).

Edited by drumno5

It is, in fact, hanging at the corps hall. I had the pleasure of looking up at that long lost championship flag at a Renegades pit rehearsal at Vanguard Hall in 2004. It was a sight to behold!

Garry in Vegas

Yes, the Corps that took it finally gave it back. Shall I leave them nameless? :tongue: Or will one of them come forward to answer for their "crime" ...hmmmm? :blink::tongue:

Ummm we have no recollection of that Senator