Yes, you hate electronics, but...

I know, right! I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't roll a baby grand onto the field each night! I mean, come ON!

I know you were probably being sarcastic... but I'm tired and my text-sarcasm-interpreting skills are turned off... so I will simply say that I didn't expect them to do that... maybe just have it be a mallet feature? or a mello/trumpet/bari solo?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I dont like the idea of mikeing soloists just for the sake of making them louder *coughcavalierscough*

The three things fans prefer about drum corps is when it's lower, slower and softer. :dontgetit:

In another thread, Boo suggested:

Sounds great to me! So I'm a big detractor of synths and electronics in general. I prefer my drum corps 100% acoustic. However, it ain't all bad. What electronics/synth/voice/amp/samples have you liked, despite yourself? Or, if you've been in favor of A&E all along, that's cool, too. What have been your favorite uses of the new toys?

* Boston 2009: the atmospheric sitar (I think?) and falling bass hits in the pre-show

* Bluecoats 2010: I ended up liking the distorted brass solos way more than I wanted to

* Crown 2007: one of the most fun and charming uses of amplified voice I've seen, perfectly compliments and supplements the action

* Cavaliers 2009: "HELLO! ... hello! hello! hello!" "Is anybody in there?! ... no!"

* Cadets 2005: the drumline dut-diddle-ddddrut-dut-voicing their parts into the mic

So what did you like, without wanting to?

the apple bite in boston 09 and Crown 07. otherwise i've seen far better uses in indoor.

oh yeah...

I AM SPARTACUS.

amplified by 135 voices on the field and 17,000 in the stands

Man, only 17,000!!!!!!!!!!!! Drum corps must be rotting from the inside.

yeah imagine if it had been in Cali where they had 24,000 fans at finals.

Sit further back.

I was at allentown and nobody hurt my ears... but I was up top.

(quote was response to Cavies amps too loud during sop solists)

I was 3/4 up in the lower section. Volume is one thing but turning the amps to "11" is another.

Then, they would certainly not be doing that for a midwestern corps :dontgetit:

i doubtit. that show was loved by many more than just the right coats and middle coast