CrownGUARD taking 2011 off

I understand the costs of all that you mention, but still looking for real budget that costs what you say. You can sell a successful program at any level (A through World) with cost well under what you have mentioned. If you have specifics, lets see it. Otherwise it's just frivolous spending the could probably be cut back anyway or an organization that does not know (or chooses not to) be fiscally sound.

And this is without staff, food, insurance, costumes:

Bus transportation alone is about $20K

Another $4K on flags alone

Another $20K to $30K on rehearsal space

and so on and so on...

Edited by Guardguy89

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is without staff, food, insurance, costumes:

Bus transportation alone is about $20K

Another $4K on flags alone

Another $20K to $30K on rehearsal space

and so on and so on...

Anyone can just randomly put down numbers to make any budget they want. I'm asking for a real, itemized budget that was assembled and approved by a board of directors that was actually used and followed through with. Until then, your random numbers and estimates are just that...random.

Anyone can just randomly put down numbers to make any budget they want. I'm asking for a real, itemized budget that was assembled and approved by a board of directors that was actually used and followed through with. Until then, your random numbers and estimates are just that...random.

Those numbers don't appear to be 'random' to me (and are easily backed up -- coach prices, flags, rehearsal space costs are all easy to find online). They may be "ball park" numbers (not actual numbers) but they're not unreasonable. And they are *not* at the upper-end of the bracket; distance from Dayton could push them a bit higher.

Those numbers don't appear to be 'random' to me (and are easily backed up -- coach prices, flags, rehearsal space costs are all easy to find online). They may be "ball park" numbers (not actual numbers) but they're not unreasonable. And they are *not* at the upper-end of the bracket; distance from Dayton could push them a bit higher.

You are missing the point. While they may be estimates, this person has yet to produce anything solid that actually shows a true budget of $80-$100k. I never said it wasn't possible to spend that kind of money, rather it is possible to be just as successful as any top end guard in any class with less money spent.

If you are a World Class group, who does a number of out-of-state shows, those figures seem to be about right. For me to get my indoor percussion group to our one out-of-state regional is over $6000 just for transportation.

The budget for our first season is around $30,000 and that is with us using borrowed instruments, being donated uniforms and a floor and being given free rehearsal space for the season. I could easily see the costs reaching $50,000 if we had to pay for rehearsal space and buy all of our equipment. If we did more out-of-state shows, I could easily see it going up from there.

Edited by doylejd

You are missing the point. While they may be estimates, this person has yet to produce anything solid that actually shows a true budget of $80-$100k. I never said it wasn't possible to spend that kind of money, rather it is possible to be just as successful as any top end guard in any class with less money spent.

Yeah - I'm done. I tried to be nice and play along, but now you're just annoying. You want the info - call the bus companies, get school rental rates and search the web for equipment costs.

Man, you just can't please some people!

Later,

Mike

Yeah - I'm done. I tried to be nice and play along, but now you're just annoying. You want the info - call the bus companies, get school rental rates and search the web for equipment costs.

Man, you just can't please some people!

Later,

Mike

Getting costs from bus companies, facilities rental costs, etc does not show anyone a clear example of a guard that actually does have a budget that matches these numbers. That's all that was being asked.

*shrug*

Edited by ItsOnTheField

Getting costs from bus companies, facilities rental costs, etc does not show anyone a clear example of a guard that actually does have a budget that matches these numbers. That's all that was being asked.

*shrug*

I never ran a winter guard but I have done a winter drumline. This was some of our costs.

$2,000 for school rental in Dayton

$16,000 for plane tickets to Dayton

$6,000 for a bus in Dayton

$10,000 for hotel rooms in Dayton

$8,000 for truck rental and fuel to get equipment to Dayton

$5,000 for food in Dayton

One five day trip to Ohio would cost us almost $50,000. Other cost that I wont go into that much detail about would be school rentals for just about every weekend during the season, insurance, music, STAFF, equipment, transportation, unifoms, and props. Our budget was over $100,000 so I could see a guard spending $80,000.