1989 Blue Devils Finals recording

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Legacy CD collection has the spliced version on it. The official CD's have all of Finals on it.

I think you have that backwards. The CDs/LPs put out by DCI in 1989 had the solo spliced in from another day's performance. The Commemorative Collection DCI compiled in 1993 used the finals audio throughout.

I think you have that backwards. The CDs/LPs put out by DCI in 1989 had the solo spliced in from another day's performance. The Commemorative Collection DCI compiled in 1993 used the finals audio throughout.

original releases were the semis run. laer releases were finals. It's the only reason I held onto my tape of 89

Hmm... and I always thought the cds and lps from 1989 had the full semis performance, not a spliced performance. And then yes, the Collector's Series put out later used the full finals.

Shows how much I know :)

I must confess I haven't checked whether it was the entire performance, or just the solo section that was swapped.

original releases were the semis run. laer releases were finals. It's the only reason I held onto my tape of 89

OK this is strange. I have synced my recording with Finals .. and there is a CLEAR splice point midway through that tune and after the opening hit of the drum solo piece.

The CDs I was talking about were the "Digital Devils" series of 3 CDs sold by BD.

The full finals performance is on the fan network, complete with the unfortunate frack.

The full finals performance is on the fan network, complete with the unfortunate frack.

Not just for Blue Devils, but I don't understand why the quarters and semis performances aren't available on Fan Network going that far back. There have been some amazing non-Finals performances by many corps through the years.