Raising DCI's Ageout Limit

When was the last time 14-16 year old marched in a top 12 corps? Probably 20 years ago before the big boys started closing their ranks to kids who weren't college age music music and dance majors.

where's my local DCA corps? I live in Tempe. I will kindly wait for my answer.

. . .well, there's a DCA Pacific and some DCA corps in Texas already; it's probably waiting for you (or other interested parties in the AZ area) to start something local up, just as most of the newer DCA corps out that way (Vigilantes, Gulf Coast Sound, Austin Stars) did.

When was the last time 14-16 year old marched in a top 12 corps? Probably 20 years ago before the big boys started closing their ranks to kids who weren't college age music music and dance majors.

I am fairly certain the people I know at Blue Stars have talked about a 15-16 year old every year since 08, when they broke back into the top 12.

There won't be many, but there are some.

why? really it's because of schedule and finances. DCI should do what they do, and let DCA do what they do. There's enough in both to go around

this would be a different opinion from you. Previously, you claimed DCIs membership and audiences are waning because of expenses. The addition of a weekend only all-ages/alumni circuit would definitely add more audience and more membership.

Also, I have no qualms about adding a Midwest based all age/alumni circuit that is weekend only. I think it could make it and also plug more corps into standing DCI shows.

Maybe give Kilties and MBI some company!

My son marched with a WC corps at 15. He started drum corps when he was 8. It was this decade.