Could this be the best video on marching percussion in the last 30 yea

I'm kinda new here... I've lurked for quite a while, so I figured I'd finally post something

I found this video online... I don't think it violates DCP's video rules.

It talks all about the Book Report and how it came about 20 or so years back....

Some big names.... Queen, Sapadin, McIntosh, Hardimon. Really really really cool stuff here.

Check it out:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it could very well be one of the best videos of our time.

Besides the fact that there are some big names in the video I don't see what the big deal is.

the book report is not the book report..

This may be the single most Earth-shattering audio/visual experience in the history of mankind. Truly life-changing.

haha I sense your sarcasm. i just thought it was cool... as an outsider in DCI (Fow now... I haven't marched yet)... it's just a really cool perspective to see guys who I've always looked up to being so casual. Plus... it's really cool to get like that behind the scenes stories about these guys. I mean, they were doing drum corps when I was just being born. I dunno, maybe for you older guys it's no big deal... but for me... it's really cool. ok DCP flame away. :angel1:

This is big deal in the percussion industry. Not at any other moment in time, has one rudiment gotten this much attention.

The book report is not a book report, they are SLIVS: Watch the video for the proof. I saw this developing. I was the first tagged on Facebook page that has the original evidence, and first one to respond. This was a learning experience, and I hope that Paul is financially rewarded for his discovery.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4757...mp;id=589103426

Besides the fact that there are some big names in the video I don't see what the big deal is.

Exactly.Buddy Rich did that stuff with one hand.

This is big deal in the percussion industry. Not at any other moment in time, has one rudiment gotten this much attention.

The book report is not a book report, they are SLIVS: Watch the video for the proof. I saw this developing. I was the first tagged on Facebook page that has the original evidence, and first one to respond. This was a learning experience, and I hope that Paul is financially rewarded for his discovery.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4757...mp;id=589103426

You are joking right?

We are talking about a percussion rudiment here.... the amount of people that would actually care about this is pretty minimal.

...I hope that Paul is financially rewarded for his discovery.

uhhhhhh...? :angel1::tongue::ph34r: lol i dont' know about all of that. it's just 4 notes with some ornamentals and a paradiddle sticking. i'm not sure WHO would be paying this guy for WHAT exactly.

All i'm saying is... it's an interesting backstory on something that's been, to this point, passed down from drummer to drummer.