DCI Meetings

The G7 or G8 will use the 2011 as a dress rehearsel and probably ditch DCI if it works, and if its allowed to happen. Broadway shows, Movies, close when the music or performances are not entertaining. If a show was in 300 miles from home people would think nothing of driving in one day round trip to see shows. not liking 26 percent of somthing is not good. You people are in the dark about the reaction of the crowd. Its not there.

Have collection buckest at every show for the corps that was most entertaining and the winner gets all the money from all the buckets.

Have the free exhibition in downtown Indy championship week so the locals can see and hear some of the corps. They certainly cant afford 125 dollars a ticket to take the family.

you want a new audience and keep the old you have to go back and do parades and exhibitions and entertain. I never would have know about drum corps if it wasnt for seeing one in a parade and following it the rest of the way so I could hear more.

I work in nyc hotel and everytime I find out where a guest is from 95 percent have never heard of the corps in thier town.

Do you expect to like EVERYONE you see? That seems extremely unreasonable. No art form can do that. It's nice you liked all of 92, but it's 2010. Get with the times, man.

as I said those were the ones I hated. if you factor in others i didnt like at least half of the show, you're batting 61%

So... I take it we're not going to get to find out any information about Cesario's judging analysis (that was mentioned several times in DCI Field Pass) or rules proposals being discussed for a January vote? Secrecy... always with the secrecy. :laughing:

Mike

not for a lack of trying. apparently the last set of leaks has everyone really on edge

Then why mention it at all? It's like the folks on here who go "I know what X corps is playing, but I'm not going to say." Grrr.

Mike

i told you all i could get. now that most everyone is home, maybe info will trickle out. My hunch is the room had a Jeff Ream alert waiting to see if anyone tried to contact me

Do most people like more than 74% of the films or plays they see, or 74% of the books they read, or 74% of the songs on any but their very favorite bands' CDs?

well, maybe i'm pickier than most. and these days with downloads, you dont have to buy abands album, you can pick and choose, so I'd say, yeah my numbers seem to be kinda accurate.

i'll name names.

BD

Troopers

Mandarins

Teal

SCV

Crossmen

so of the $200+ I spent on finals week tickets alone, thats 25% or $50+ dollars spent on shows tha left me flat and by the 2nd run for corps that moved on, heading to the bathroom or food vendors.

It's ironic that 2 of these Corps (including the Champion... and co architect of the G- something) are featured " TOP ACTS ), when in reality they are simply TOP FINISHERS ". Any group of 8 Corps that calls themselves the TOP ACTS from 2010 is only kidding themselves if ( for just one example ) the 2010 Madison Scouts are not included as one of those 2010 " TOP ACTS ".

Edited by BRASSO

I apologize that this is a weird thread to put this in, but I have to say my only beef with the judging is that it doesn't reward Audience Effect - the get 'em on their feet quotient. If anything, I'd simply like to see that added as a 10-point caption - GE can still reward the technical design of a program. And for those who say that it would be too subjective, I'd like to point out... you have been reading the recaps, yes? The whole judging program is subjective. If a judge can be expected to put a number to the peaks and valleys and "communicating emotional impact" of a show, they can darned well be expected to put one to the effect the show should have in exciting an audience. A 10 point added caption would not exactly be wholesale changing the judging system, but it would sure affect where a corps finished in the standings.

(On another topic, why do 80 brass carry the same technical caption values as 30 percussion or 40 guard?)

Mike

you can't weight scoring on size Mike. Plus depending on the arrangements, the guard or percussion can be more of an impact on the effect numbers than the performance numbers.

as for effect, well, that's maybe a whole thread ( again) of it's own