Troopers 2011

Not necessarily completely in line with the original topic, but I couldn't find the "staff changes" thread, so I'm putting it in the next most relevant thread.

2011 Staff:

Music Director: Ralph Hardimon

Program Consultant: Gordon Henderson

Program Coordinator / Brass Arranger: Dean Westman

Percussion Arranger: David Reeves

Percussion Consultant: Jeff Queen

Visual Design: Mitch Rogers

Visual Coordinator: Dan Wiles

Percussion Caption Head: Kevin Welborn

Brass Caption Head: Kyle Thompson

Guard Caption Head: Karen Prince

Visual Caption Head: Nick Benson

Now, I feel like this isn't a completely updated list, considering it's an exact copy of last years staff, but this is directly from the Troopers' website. It's also a change from their site saying that the 2011 staff would be announced soon, so I can't help but believe this is the staff.

Half these guys have already resigned from Troopers . why post 2010 staff ? Is that your point ?

Half these guys have already resigned from Troopers . why post 2010 staff ? Is that your point ?

Did you read the posts that followed?

"Don't go by the website. Last years staff page has been up and down three times that I know of since Mitch Rogers announced on his facebook (five weeks ago now) that he was out and the rest of the design staff followed."

"The website is as up to date as possible - although I will admit now that a small problem with FTP transfers was uploading old copies of page files for the last 3 weeks - that problem went unnoticed. Thats' been cleaned up."

I was wrong. It happens.

Did you read the posts that followed?

"Don't go by the website. Last years staff page has been up and down three times that I know of since Mitch Rogers announced on his facebook (five weeks ago now) that he was out and the rest of the design staff followed."

"The website is as up to date as possible - although I will admit now that a small problem with FTP transfers was uploading old copies of page files for the last 3 weeks - that problem went unnoticed. Thats' been cleaned up."

I was wrong. It happens.

You must understand. Troopers finished ahead of the Crossmen, so you can only expect negativity from this one. :tongue: It's a recurring theme.

Edited by SFZFAN

You must understand. Troopers finished ahead of the Crossmen, so you can only expect negetivity from this one. :tongue: It's a recurring theme.

To be completely honest, I have no idea what this has to do with anything. I marched Troopers this past summer, and we were totally cool with Crossmen. In fact we were completely ok with Glassmen, Colts, and Academy, Blue Knights, and Madison.

To be completely honest, I have no idea what this has to do with anything. I marched Troopers this past summer, and we were totally cool with Crossmen. In fact we were completely ok with Glassmen, Colts, and Academy, Blue Knights, and Madison.

It goes back to prelims '79. Some of the bile is still caught in the throats of the Crossmen from that year and many of the Trooper alum remember the classless acts that happenned during finals. I always liked Crossmen, especially their '79 show, but, they just took the day off during prelims.

It goes back to prelims '79. Some of the bile is still caught in the throats of the Crossmen from that year and many of the Trooper alum remember the classless acts that happenned during finals. I always liked Crossmen, especially their '79 show, but, they just took the day off during prelims.

Oh, ok. I know the 79 story well, but only from the perspective of a Trooper. I didn't even know who they jumped to make it in to finals, who were the other three corps? It's an inspiring story to those of us marching, but I guess I can see how it's a figurative slap in the face to other people.

It goes back to prelims '79. Some of the bile is still caught in the throats of the Crossmen from that year

Well, the Crossmen who marched in '79 are about 50 years old now, so that bile you speak of should have been absorbed by either the alcohol or the gallstones.

Oh, ok. I know the 79 story well, but only from the perspective of a Trooper. I didn't even know who they jumped to make it in to finals, who were the other three corps? It's an inspiring story to those of us marching, but I guess I can see how it's a figurative slap in the face to other people.

A good story about this on Pages 12 & 13.

http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org/support/a...bl/lbl_0409.pdf

Well, the Crossmen who marched in '79 are about 50 years old now, so that bile you speak of should have been absorbed by either the alcohol or the gallstones.

I don't think FANOFNIGHT marched Crossmen that long ago - just feels the need to be negative to those corps that are beating the Crossmen by a placement or 4. Madison gets it the most but Troopers are obviously fair game now too. :tongue:

I have my gallstones with a liquor chaser. :tongue: