Any News?

I agree with telling people you are selling the equipment. If they are interested I know of a few people looking for specific things, pm me and we will talk.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys... let's not let a bunch of curious couch potatos start rumors that are or are not true.

As I posted elsewhere, I only know that Cru's board ordered the corps liquidated. I participated in a meeting in January aimed at trying to come up with a plan for survival and nothing came of it. For any information on what is or is not for sale - I'd suggest contacting Mike Linton.

Brigadiers on the other hand are quite a different story. They seem to have strong leadership in place and all equipment is intact. Last I heard they would put out a winterguard this winter and had not decided whether to try to start up the corps for 2011 or 2012... The chairman of the board told me that finances would seem to make 2012 probable. It looks VERY promising.

So let's let the rumors stop...

That's mixed news, Tom. While I mourn the apparent loss of the Crusaders, it's good to hear that the Brigs are working their way back.

After all, if a DCA champion is the champion over only a few, what meaning does it have?

Edited by Ron H

NUFF SAID tom. thanks. :laughing:

So let's let the rumors stop...

Unfortunately this is one of those topics where it will have a hefty amount of rumors going around (much like 98.999999999% of topics on DCP).

IMO I believe that regardless of whether you are doing great, stable, or on the verge of total chaos, one of the best things you can do is to LIMIT access on sites like these to just staff announcements. And even then, have them be linked from the DCP main site. That way what people see is what they get, and if they are honestly curious about the status of the corps, they will find a means to track down suitable information rather than look on sites like this where there are more rumors than fact. (This is not a total knock on DCP forums... Just look on a few topics and see how quickly they go off topic, slander someone or some organization, start unnecessary drama between people, etc.)

I hope that the corps who are in situations like Cru, Brigs, Sky (only mentioning because it has been a few years since being on the field), etc will have at least a Board of Directors or some sort of organized and determined staff that will not be afraid to take the necessary risks to better the organization.

Best of luck and I hope to see a return to the field for a lot of veteran corps.

IMO I believe that regardless of whether you are doing great, stable, or on the verge of total chaos, one of the best things you can do is to LIMIT access on sites like these to just staff announcements.

Then why do we have a " DISCUSSION " forum? Hence the name.

I was hoping that Tom would jump in to keeping the Crusaders going. I thought what he did in 1990 was great. I am saddened to hear the news of Crusaders loss to DCA and all their fans...me being one.

Then why do we have a " DISCUSSION " forum? Hence the name.

I apologize if what I said would be open for misinterpretation.... To a lot of people perception is reality... If you go onto a "discussion" forum and see nothing but rumors, slander, etc., about a corps and that might drive people away and reflect the organization negatively because those why may participate in negative "discussion" may be seen as a representative for that corps. All I meant really is for people who dare navigate "discussion" forums, to exercise caution.

Again, sorry for any possible confusion. :laughing:

CAUTION!!!! DO NOT USE DRUM CORPS PLANET FORUMS WHILE NURSING, PREGNANT, OR TAKING PRESCRIPTION BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION. IF SIDE EFFECTS OF DRUM CORPS PLANET LAST LONGER THAN 4 HOURS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR. :tongue:

I was hoping that Tom would jump in to keeping the Crusaders going. I thought what he did in 1990 was great. I am saddened to hear the news of Crusaders loss to DCA and all their fans...me being one.

I was never a fan of Cru but I understand the importance it is to keep drum corps alive and they will surely be missed on the competition field.

I apologize if what I said would be open for misinterpretation.... To a lot of people perception is reality... If you go onto a "discussion" forum and see nothing but rumors, slander, etc., about a corps and that might drive people away and reflect the organization negatively because those why may participate in negative "discussion" may be seen as a representative for that corps. All I meant really is for people who dare navigate "discussion" forums, to exercise caution.

Again, sorry for any possible confusion. :laughing:

CAUTION!!!! DO NOT USE DRUM CORPS PLANET FORUMS WHILE NURSING, PREGNANT, OR TAKING PRESCRIPTION BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION. IF SIDE EFFECTS OF DRUM CORPS PLANET LAST LONGER THAN 4 HOURS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR. :tongue:

what i said was not a rumor. and i'm sorry if tom feels that way. he knows the truth.