Cavaliers 2010 Design Team Returns for 2011

Design Team Returns for 2011, includes Miller

On Sunday, October 24, The Cavaliers Design Team will converge in Indianapolis, Ind., to continue preparations for the upcoming 2011 season. "After an incredible year with Mad World, we're excited to keep the momentum racing forward with the return of our entire design team," said program coordinator Scott Koter. "It speaks volumes to have such an experienced group of talented and dedicated designers to push The Cavaliers and the drum corps activity into uncharted territories." In addition to our returning designers, we would like to welcome Cavalier alum and long-time percussion staff veteran Alan Miller to the 2011 Design Team.

The Cavaliers 2011 Design Team

Scott Koter *

Tommy Allen

Michael Gaines

Michael McIntosh

Alan Miller

Drew Shanefield

Andrew Toth

Bart Woodley

http://www.cavaliers.org/cgi-bin/mailer.pl...eview&id=74

They produced a very good product last year -- it was especially nice to hear that hornline (qualms about the mic'ed screamers tho!). Good luck to them in 2011.

They produced a very good product last year -- it was especially nice to hear that hornline (qualms about the mic'ed screamers tho!). Good luck to them in 2011.

The show did grow on me... a LOT. I started out hating it, and only after seeing it in the theater at BL&L did I really enjoy it. I don't know what made me all of a sudden like it, but now I do! Weird...

I agree on the uneasiness about the mic'd screamers, but I also think it was a good idea. It let the rest of the corps play louder without having to worry about covering the soloists up, creating a big, powerful, in-your-face moment that is nothing short of awesome.

Sweet. 2010 Cavaliers was bad ###

Edited by contrajedi8

The show did grow on me... a LOT. I started out hating it, and only after seeing it in the theater at BL&L did I really enjoy it. I don't know what made me all of a sudden like it, but now I do! Weird...

I agree on the uneasiness about the mic'd screamers, but I also think it was a good idea. It let the rest of the corps play louder without having to worry about covering the soloists up, creating a big, powerful, in-your-face moment that is nothing short of awesome.

Yes Loved the 201 program. The guard really sold it.

The soloists screaming in the mic. almost ruined it. If you have soloists that cant play over the brass line while standing on the front sidelines ,they are not really screamers.

They are mosquitoes. Soloists have always been heard from the front sideline without mics. lol.

The soloists screaming in the mic. almost ruined it. If you have soloists that cant play over the brass line while standing on the front sidelines ,they are not really screamers.

They are mosquitoes. Soloists have always been heard from the front sideline without mics. lol.

Over 77 other men playing as loud as they can....

and a full battery on mylar heads just smashing them...

and a pit full of electronics...

and Lucas Oil Stadium full of people screaming...

really? its been done?

I usually hear brasslines cut off for the soloist

these guys can scream, not mosquitoes

the one on the left can hit Cs like nothing

When you have an entire hornline playing as loud as they can, 3 trumpet players wont be heard so well.

And these real "trumpet soloist" youre talking about dont play their solos when the entire hornline is maxing their sound out

i really wish people would get over the mic'd solos. They got a standing ovation before they even finished the movement at finals, so its not like you or anyone elses opinion matters.

• Like 1

Citation needed or you're full of it. I can't think of any screamer that could be heard over an entire horn line playing full out.

...On Sunday, October 24, The Cavaliers Design Team will converge in Indianapolis, Ind.,..

Just curious. Why Indy? Why not Rosemont or Chicago?

As for mic'ing the screamers, I didn't hear them hardly at all in three nights at LOS. And I had great seats on the 50. What does that say?

HH

Just curious. Why Indy? Why not Rosemont or Chicago?

As for mic'ing the screamers, I didn't hear them hardly at all in three nights at LOS. And I had great seats on the 50. What does that say?

HH

Because many of the designers will all attend BOA grand nationals in November and already be there.

As for the soloist I agree. I was pretty vocal about that a while back and got pounced on by a bunch of guys who obviously had super human strength back in their day.