Imperial Sound's Financial Appeal

Take THAT you crazy people thinking you can start a new Drum Corp and actually help our youth! :tongue: I will keep my eye on you for progress.....

come on Garfield....."point and click" :thumbup:

Edited by Spartans87

What a great write-up garfield! You almost got me to donate but my green blood just can't do it.

My wife and I pledged to each other that any $$'s donated to drum corps would be by way of me giving money to The Cavalier Endowment Fund (for obvious reasons) AND the thousands we pay in tickets, programs, souvies, etc. over the course of a drum corps season.

The best of luck to Imperial Sounds endeavors. Focusing on the local underprivileged is a gallant goal. I too have thought how great it would be to do the same here in Chicago. There are a lot of talented musicians and spinners South Shore on the south side of Chicago but they do not have the means financially to get out of their own little world. I hope to see you on the field some day.

Edited by dc oldtimer

See, this is what I get for not actually reading the jr forums more than a handful of times a year. I may have some kids for you.....

Eta- from a recruiting standpoint, it may benefit you to announce the staff members. I can think of kids right now that I'd potentially send to the camp for the experience, but how can I send kids when I can't even tell their parents who is on staff or what their qualifications are? KWIM?

Edited by kac

What a great write-up garfield! You almost got me to donate but my green blood just can't do it.

My wife and I pledged to each other that any $$'s donated to drum corps would be by way of me giving money to The Cavalier Endowment Fund (for obvious reasons) AND the thousands we pay in tickets, programs, souvies, etc. over the course of a drum corps season.

The best of luck to Imperial Sounds endeavors. Focusing on the local underprivileged is a gallant goal. I too have thought how great it would be to do the same here in Chicago. There are a lot of talented musicians and spinners South Shore on the south side of Chicago but they do not have the means financially to get out of their own little world. I hope to see you on the field some day.

So, what would I have to write to get you to pony up a sheckle or two??

I appreciate your commitment to Cavaliers, oldtimer, but I wish you'd look at the bigger picture. If young corps are not bred and raised the liklihood is that your beloved Cavies might not have a field on which to compete. There are those who will disagree with the importance of fostering new corps ventures, but as was so widely discussed during the G7 debacle, the nature of DCI's support structure is such that it is left up to us to support the internal growth of the competing activity. (Many other more compelling viewpoints of the same were offered in the G7 threads and I'd encourage you to go back and read them again.)

Many years ago I made the decision to not support an individual corps in favor of supporting the activity as a whole (or at least the world class portion) by boosting my Friends level to Platinum. With the exception of sending PR a bit after their '08 win, I believe that all of the corps under DCI's stewardship deserve my support.

Now, however, and in particular under the light of the G7 proposal and opinion of non-G7 corps, it is clearly obvious to me that, if there's going to be activity for me to enjoy (and my kids to march in) it's going to be up to us, as fans, to offer support, no matter how small, to growing new corps against which the WC will hopefully someday compete.

Thought of in another way (and this is going to sound selfishly snobbish so forgive me), the only way for my favorite WC corps to show how good they are, competetively anyway, is to kick the butts of all comers. Yes, I'll seed a new corps and hope it grows just so my favorite powerhouse can kick its can down the road. I also hope that the challengers will make it as hard as they can on the big shots.

I encourage you and others to think outside of your favorite corps at the importance of having other, non-G7 corps against which they can compete. Surely, with the "thousands" you spend each year you can, as I have, spare a little to help a competitor to succeed and grow.

Even if it is just to see them get their butts kicked by the Cavaliers.

Up to $402 so far! Great work to those who contributed. I will keep my eye on this though. It is very possible I could help a little more.....but I am not sure I can contribut more to a great endeavor like helping our youth with the great activity like Drum Corps! :thumbup:

Up to $402 so far! Great work to those who contributed. I will keep my eye on this though. It is very possible I could help a little more.....but I am not sure I can contribut more to a great endeavor like helping our youth with the great activity like Drum Corps! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Mike!

You guys are blowing me away. Keep it up, DCP!

One way or the other, you will achieve the goal by the deadline. We will make sure of it!!

So, what would I have to write to get you to pony up a sheckle or two??

I appreciate your commitment to Cavaliers, oldtimer, but I wish you'd look at the bigger picture. If young corps are not bred and raised the liklihood is that your beloved Cavies might not have a field on which to compete.

G7 or not, we feel that the dollars spent toward tickets ARE supporting the bigger picture. Quite honestly, it is a lot more then what I give to the Cavaliers. Now, you might disagree how DCI distributes those funds but that is a discussion for another topic. We have a hard time deciding what corps other then the corps we marched with to send money to. So we let DCI do it for us. Why is Imperial Sound more important then say, Capital Sound? or Pioneer? How do you choose where to send any money to? Answer; you go with your heart. This is why we are doing what we do.

I tell you what, if Imperial Sound has a booth at DCI this year and they have something my 3 year old likes, i'll buy something. Other then that, our disposable income is spoken for.

We have reached, through the generosity of our contributors, our goal of raising $1,000. We would like to announce that we have a winner of our highest reward caption. <Anonymous> been named the winner, and we have named, in his honor, our highest membership award to the "<Anonymous> Award for Outstanding Leadership".

Now, with 82 days remaining, we have to ask ourselves what to do with the remaining time. Of course, we could just lay back, but then... what kind of example would we be setting to the new members?

Read More at Imperial News!

Edited by ImperialSound_Director