Imperial Sound's Financial Appeal

Thank you all for helping Imperial Sound give an amazing experience to some wonderful kids!

I too am involved with Imperial Sound. Rob and I, along with the rest of the staff, have been working so hard to make this happen. Please take my word for it when I say that there isn't a single staff member who isn't top notch. Not only do they have the experience, they also have the will to provide a quality performance experience to kids who otherwise would not have that. We have run into instructors that are only in it for payment or only wanted to work with an established competitively successful corps; none of those people are on our staff and thank God for that. Our staff are in it for the kids and the art, not self-glorification.

Please continue to donate and encourage your students to come to the first rehearsal, on November 20th at the Melton Center in West Chester. We are also still in need of volunteers for this rehearsal, specifically food preparation personnel and a nurse in case of an accident. This is really happening and we want to share our one-of-a-kind experience with everyone!

Couple things - I am very happy and proud to see the DCP community step up and get this done. Deep down, despite some of our differing opinions on how to shape and or run this activity (as well as other differences we may have), one thing rings true each day by all on THIS planet......We love this activity!

And I like the way you act Craig! Good things that come to some are better when we can share with others. Pay it forward as they say, and this is a great place to do just that!

edited for my bad typing :-)

Edited by Spartans87

G7 or not, we feel that the dollars spent toward tickets ARE supporting the bigger picture. Quite honestly, it is a lot more then what I give to the Cavaliers. Now, you might disagree how DCI distributes those funds but that is a discussion for another topic. We have a hard time deciding what corps other then the corps we marched with to send money to. So we let DCI do it for us. Why is Imperial Sound more important then say, Capital Sound? or Pioneer? How do you choose where to send any money to? Answer; you go with your heart. This is why we are doing what we do.

I tell you what, if Imperial Sound has a booth at DCI this year and they have something my 3 year old likes, i'll buy something. Other then that, our disposable income is spoken for.

You, sir, are a great drum corps patriot, and I didn't mean to disparage or minimize the support you give to the activity. Whether you support Cavies only or the whole activity, as I do via Friends, is immaterial. That you do support is the only thing that truly matters. You are absolutely correct that we each have choices to make in our support and yours is no less important or effectual than any other. I applaud your standing by your alma mater and we both know that the Cavies are better off for having you to support them.

Hi Guys,

I am overwhelmed by the support I have seen on DCP these past few days. I've been on these forums for a while, but I've definitely felt a political shift on here in the past year in terms of the en mass support of local and small organizations.

We're still trying to fund, even though we reached our "goal" set at $1,000. Understand that the standard cost, retail, of instruments is well beyond $1,000. I don't expect us to reach $5,000, but I must try to push the DCP community.

Only 15 backers after 1500 views on this topic, means that only 1% of this community that has viewed this thread supported us. If each of those contributed $1, a quick, easy, and minimal contribution, we could more than double the contributions we have now.

DCP, this is the time to throw away that old notion of DCP as people who "put-down" or "bicker" or play armchair quarterback. This is crowdfunding, and it has done amazing things through regular people.

So, as an individual message to all you reading this... can you contribute a single dollar in support of a thing greater and more meaningful to the activity, a new group of kids, and a new potential music educator?

Now, I'd like everyone in support of this to help me by saying what $1 is less than.

I'll start:

$1.00 is less than a single 20 oz bottle of Coke.

Hi Guys,

I am overwhelmed by the support I have seen on DCP these past few days. I've been on these forums for a while, but I've definitely felt a political shift on here in the past year in terms of the en mass support of local and small organizations.

We're still trying to fund, even though we reached our "goal" set at $1,000. Understand that the standard cost, retail, of instruments is well beyond $1,000. I don't expect us to reach $5,000, but I must try to push the DCP community.

Only 15 backers after 1500 views on this topic, means that only 1% of this community that has viewed this thread supported us. If each of those contributed $1, a quick, easy, and minimal contribution, we could more than double the contributions we have now.

DCP, this is the time to throw away that old notion of DCP as people who "put-down" or "bicker" or play armchair quarterback. This is crowdfunding, and it has done amazing things through regular people.

So, as an individual message to all you reading this... can you contribute a single dollar in support of a thing greater and more meaningful to the activity, a new group of kids, and a new potential music educator?

Now, I'd like everyone in support of this to help me by saying what $1 is less than.

I'll start:

$1.00 is less than a single 20 oz bottle of Coke.

Ok - I will take this another way. How many of you drink coffee? How many stop at a coffee shop like Starbucks or even a Dunkin Doughnuts? Well, a medium cup of coffe at those places is around $2.00. 5 days a week that is $10.00. So, skip your coffee one day, or get the small (or tall for you Starbucks fans) and donate the extra $1.00 to Imperial Sound.

I tell you what I will do - the next 100 people that contribute up to $150 dollars in total will be matched by me. Another challenge to the fine folks here on DCP. You can PM me, post here that you donated and leave the amount blank. I will watch the Imperial Sound tracker and see when we hit the mark and I will plug in my card.

Let's get this done!!

Ok - I will take this another way. How many of you drink coffee? How many stop at a coffee shop like Starbucks or even a Dunkin Doughnuts? Well, a medium cup of coffe at those places is around $2.00. 5 days a week that is $10.00. So, skip your coffee one day, or get the small (or tall for you Starbucks fans) and donate the extra $1.00 to Imperial Sound.

I tell you what I will do - the next 100 people that contribute up to $150 dollars in total will be matched by me. Another challenge to the fine folks here on DCP. You can PM me, post here that you donated and leave the amount blank. I will watch the Imperial Sound tracker and see when we hit the mark and I will plug in my card.

Let's get this done!!

Just donated $10 to help out

bump!!

Come on DCP! Did you go to sleep on me? Take me up on the offer. Lets get this thing done right here!!