Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Report?

Not a lot to report. The percussion was not there so the brass was limited to what they could run. Likely on purpose (?), but they only ran small chunks. I do know they started in on some drill.

I’m not going to spill any beans on the selections, but trust me this board will LIGHT UP when it is finally announced. It will be EPIC!!!! Obviously they have their reasons for waiting until Spring Training to announce. If your nice to him....maybe Nick Starr will post something?

And on the song selection/ theme…..I will withhold judgment until after seeing it on the field for a little bit. Reason is I was 100% WRONG about the last 2 year’s shows.

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium

I agree...enough Copeland and enough Bernstein. I think whatever Crown does music wise will be great and entertaining to the fans. But, I don't believe they have a chance of winning as long as Leon May wants them to dance rather than march. Please Leon, put the dancing in the guard and let the horns march the drill. I don't know if you've noticed or not but the judges haven't particularly been overly impressed with the overall marching and visual performance of Crown the last two years. I am convinced it is what cost them the championship in 2009. We all have to learn from our mistakes and I think it would do you some good to learn from the past (two years).

you can sleep soundly tonight.....Crown is not doing ANY Copland or Bernstein

Not a lot to report. The percussion was not there so the brass was limited to what they could run. Likely on purpose (?), but they only ran small chunks. I do know they started in on some drill.

I’m not going to spill any beans on the selections, but trust me this board will LIGHT UP when it is finally announced. It will be EPIC!!!! Obviously they have their reasons for waiting until Spring Training to announce. If your nice to him....maybe Nick Starr will post something?

And on the song selection/ theme…..I will withhold judgment until after seeing it on the field for a little bit. Reason is I was 100% WRONG about the last 2 year’s shows.

Not much is way better than nothing at all.

Thanks for what you were able to tell us :thumbup:

you can sleep soundly tonight.....Crown is not doing ANY Copland or Bernstein

I KNOW I am in a vast minority, but I love Copland and would love to hear more of it from Crown's hornline :shutup:

I'll wait a few years I guess.

• Like 1

I KNOW I am in a vast minority, but I love Copland and would love to hear more of it from Crown's hornline :shutup:

I'll wait a few years I guess.

Don't worry. Me too. :) I think it epitomizes so much of what Crown does well.

• Like 1

Seriously?

Second place is pretty darn close, in my opinion. I don't know how you rank the placements, but generally, second comes right after first.

And I know who you march with. My advice is to check your trash-talking at the log-in screen. Reflects poorly on your corps.

Okay I admit my choice of words weren't wise. So I'll say this, the 1+ point spread between Crown and first place is quite a bit larger than the .3 difference of them and third place. And I'm sure you know where I march, most of the people on this forum do (hint: it definitely isn't The Cadets if thats what you're hinting at). So what exactly do I have to do to not have my words reflect my corps? Put the little cliche exclaimer on my sig? "My words do not and opinions do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of my corps". I'll pass, but thanks for the words of wisdom.

As for how I feel about Crown? Well lets just say I have a few very good friends that march there and they even admit to having the egos that I describe. If you have any more questions about who I am, and where I march, please feel free to PM me rather then attempt to "put me in my place" and embarrass me on this forum.

• Like 2

It will be EPIC!!!!

Not enough EPIC on this forum!

• Like 1

Thats because Crown hasn't been around for as long as some other corps. They're still the new kids on the block, but their time will come.

:Edited to please some members hurt feelings:

Okay I admit my choice of words weren't wise. So I'll say this, the 1+ point spread between Crown and first place is quite a bit larger than the .3 difference of them and third place. And I'm sure you know where I march, most of the people on this forum do (hint: it definitely isn't The Cadets if thats what you're hinting at). So what exactly do I have to do to not have my words reflect my corps? Put the little cliche exclaimer on my sig? "My words do not and opinions do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of my corps". I'll pass, but thanks for the words of wisdom.

As for how I feel about Crown? Well lets just say I have a few very good friends that march there and they even admit to having the egos that I describe. If you have any more questions about who I am, and where I march, please feel free to PM me rather then attempt to "put me in my place" and embarrass me on this forum.

I don't know why you are so critical of your egotistical friends in Crown seeing as how its no more a representation of the corps than it is a representation of your friends. Like you said, you don't want your own opinions to reflect the thoughts and opinions of The Cadets... and maybe you would do the same and offer that courtesy to your "egotistical" friends in Crown and not characterize the entire corps as being "egotistical". Fair?

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 4