Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

So true. I really don't think most of those people have even seen the full show yet. I have. And while it might not be at 100% yet, there is nothing about that show that says "high school" or "college marching band." But I guess people will always criticize.

Criticism is unfortunately the bad side to this activity. I trust Crown, they have provided amazing shows since "Angelus" (longer for some people, Angelus is the only one I can actually remember however), and I know that this one will be no different but people should not judge it until they see it, which is why I am practically counting down the hours till Saturday when I can see them in Ft.Worth.

But lets move past, assumptions and guesses and get back on talking about how good and amazing this year will be for them.

Edited by ohwiseone

If there is one thing that Crown has mastered, it's turning what many would consider "cheese" into fully entertaining and crowd-pleasing shows. For crying out loud, they made people stand up and go nuts for a horse race.

I'm pretty sure they can de-cheese-ify a rock concert idea.

• Like 4

If there is one thing that Crown has mastered, it's turning what many would consider "cheese" into fully entertaining and crowd-pleasing shows. For crying out loud, they made people stand up and go nuts for a horse race.

GREAT point !!

• Like 2

TSTSNBN

So, Phantom 1995 + Crown 2004 = Rach Star, right? :tongue:

Heh.

Well, I have to admit . . .the preshow hit my cheese limit. If that stays relatively the same, I'll have to skip over it. Hopefully, that can be watered "up" and add some brass licks in. If not, well, it's the preshow.

Other than that, it's definitely going to be one for the CD player. The last bit before the closer tag drags a bit, but I'm sure that will be rewritten over the course of the season. Phantom 1995 is one of my favorites, so anything that draws from that is win as far as I'm concerned. Ballad was a nice mesh of tunes as well.

Lots to like, and thankfully not an over-reliance on A&E (well, except for the preshow).

Thumbs up, Crown!

So, Phantom 1995 + Crown 2004 = Rach Star, right? :tongue:

Heh.

Well, I have to admit . . .the preshow hit my cheese limit. If that stays relatively the same, I'll have to skip over it. Hopefully, that can be watered "up" and add some brass licks in. If not, well, it's the preshow.

Other than that, it's definitely going to be one for the CD player. The last bit before the closer tag drags a bit, but I'm sure that will be rewritten over the course of the season. Phantom 1995 is one of my favorites, so anything that draws from that is win as far as I'm concerned. Ballad was a nice mesh of tunes as well.

Lots to like, and thankfully not an over-reliance on A&E (well, except for the preshow).

Thumbs up, Crown!

2010 preshow - complex, difficult, super well written and performed ... and kicking themselves for not getting all that judged

2011 - pre-show lite (although the battery does get some feature time).

Both versions set the mood really well (which is all you're after in a pre-show)

Just my take on it.

2010 preshow - complex, difficult, super well written and performed ... and kicking themselves for not getting all that judged

Both versions set the mood really well (which is all you're after in a pre-show)

Just my take on it.

Yeah, I can see that for this year. It's fine for what it is, it's just the dino in me talking. Rawr, and stuff. :smile:

Pre-show was my favorite part of 2010.

Just my take on it.

You know, I never even thought about that. That preshow was super difficult! Do you think it might have bumped them up a spot if they included that part in the judged portion of their show?

• Like 2

I don't speak for anyone else, but I want more full bodied " cheese " in my Drum Corps shows, and less low fat Neufchatel.