Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

To the Carolina crown colorguard. Your finals night performance was absolutely mesmerizing! In 20 plus years I have never seen a colorguard on any field accomplish what you guys did on the field from all standpoints.

The amazing range of the choreography, OMG weapon line!!! The technique, the musicality was unparalleled, I have never been so entertained by a group this way. So talented in every way all the way down the line. Thankyou for raising the bar again. You matter, what you did matters and will be talked about for years to come.

Congrats to you and your staff on an amazing season and more amazing (dropless I believe) finals performance. Order your DVD now. You will be so proud.

• Like 8

To the Carolina crown colorguard. Your finals night performance was absolutely mesmerizing! In 20 plus years I have never seen a colorguard on any field accomplish what you guys did on the field from all standpoints.

The amazing range of the choreography, OMG weapon line!!! The technique, the musicality was unparalleled, I have never been so entertained by a group this way. So talented in every way all the way down the line. Thankyou for raising the bar again. You matter, what you did matters and will be talked about for years to come.

Congrats to you and your staff on an amazing season and more amazing (dropless I believe) finals performance. Order your DVD now. You will be so proud.

worthy.gif

Here are my predictions:

Crown will give a solid show on Saturday. This will finish fourth. They will win high brass, or at least come in 2nd. They will win that silly, superfluous "fan favorite" award, that DCI hands out. On Saturday night, Crownaholics will flood this board, and proudly proclaim that they should have won, and the 10 judges are flat-out wrong/incompetent/corrupt. Conspiracy theories will flood out of this board, as if it were moderated by Oliver Stone. The more objective of us will simply shake our heads, and move on with our lives.

I really hate being right all the time.

And of course, the conspiracy theory freaks have started to come out. Here they come:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/142582-carolina-crown-2011-rach-star/page__view__findpost__p__3067207

I am sure they won't be the last.

The season ended with Crown exactly in the place they should be - fourth. If they want to end up higher in the future, then significant changes need to be made.

No, sorry, the judges do not need to "Get your head out of your #####." The judges got it right. Sorry, when you finish 3 points behind the champion, you don't legitimately deserve to lay claim to the title. This is especially true if you pull a 5 in total visual, 5 in visual ensemble, 5 in color guard, and a 5 in visual GE. Until those numbers go down, Crown will not bring home a first place trophy to Fort Mill.

• Like 6

Totally agree with you... Saturday nights show was amazing! :worthy:

• Like 6

I really hate being right all the time.

On Saturday night, Crownaholics will flood this board, and proudly proclaim that they should have won, and the 10 judges are flat-out wrong/incompetent/corrupt. Conspiracy theories will flood out of this board, as if it were moderated by Oliver Stone

Sorry. I'd say you called it pretty much completely wrong. One post does not constitute a flood. blink.gif

• Like 3

Sorry. I'd say you called it pretty much completely wrong. One post does not constitute a flood. blink.gif

I'm still looking for the one post that he's referring to? Where does someone say they should have won? Or the judges have their heads up their ####??

All I see are congrats on a great show type stuff.

If old school guy has a problem he should call Jim coats and share his feelings on it.

Jim would then tell him that crown did everything they set out to do this year and were very successful in doing so.

FYI winning was not on the agenda. As that aspect is out of their control. That's just something that happens when the old people decide which old drumcorps deserves it this year. usually by comparing them to themselves. Cavaliers and blue devils have both been better in the past few years than this one in most peoples opinion. And the cadets have been pretty god awful since 2005. So of course they finally weren't stupid and they get the championship. Hallelujah! I loved it too but mostly because it's the best show they have had in 6 years. Of course they will be rewarded. So to say, stay on this path please! We like it.

• Like 3

I TOTALLY agree with this post. One of the most outstanding guards I have ever seen (DCI & WGI).

Congrats - you guys blew my mind and showed everyone just how much a guard could contribute to the show!!!!!

later,

Mike

• Like 4

No, sorry, the judges do not need to "Get your head out of your #####." The judges got it right. Sorry, when you finish 3 points behind the champion, you don't legitimately deserve to lay claim to the title. This is especially true if you pull a 5 in total visual, 5 in visual ensemble, 5 in color guard, and a 5 in visual GE. Until those numbers go down, Crown will not bring home a first place trophy to Fort Mill.

I'll just leave this here

• Like 2

I'm still looking for the one post that he's referring to? Where does someone say they should have won? Or the judges have their heads up their ####??

Post 1135, previous page.

• Like 2