Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

2009 Crown actually did have the best show... but somehow we got mesmerized by chairs. I will never understand that season. Oh well.

This year....I think Cadets probably deserve it. But if Crown could pull off a miracle finish...great.

• Like 3

looking forward to seeing the show tomorrow night, will reserve judgment. interesting concept, want to see it visually.

Saw the run-through tonight. I thought it was GREAT!!! The changes are working and now just need some cleaning. Those kids truly are Rach Stars!

• Like 1

2009 Crown actually did have the best show... but somehow we got mesmerized by chairs. I will never understand that season. Oh well.

This year....I think Cadets probably deserve it. But if Crown could pull off a miracle finish...great.

Ha Ha. Don't forget Mirrors and Giant Cubes :P

But I do agree in 2009. The Grass is always greener was an awesome show! One of my all time favorites!

• Like 1

looking forward to seeing the show tomorrow night, will reserve judgment. interesting concept, want to see it visually.

Please report back! I'd love to hear your thoughts. I was *really* skeptical when they announced this, but I think it turned out to be a great show. I don't enjoy it quite as much as 09, but it does have more energy than that show, and it's a big improvement over last year, IMO. The rock star thing is just a visual theme, in the end. The music is so well arranged and incredibly well performed, it's still Crown through and through. Hope you like it! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Wow, someone needs a hug. <<HUGS!>>

Shame on Crown for producing a show that takes risks by daring to entertain and rock (pun intended) the crowd.

Do you know what annoys me far, far more than wonks? People that complain endlessly about wonks.

I love Crown's show and think that it is simply fantastic. I think that 3 out of the top 4 shows are absolutely wonderful and would be estastic if any of them win. If the one that I'm not a huge fan of wins, well... Oh well.

Hope you get some hugs, sunshine, unicorn kisses, and a bag of skittles. They might help your attitude and view of life.

SO EXCITED TO GO TO THE MOVIES TODAY TO SEE SO MANY WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL SHOWS!!!!!

Here are my predictions:

Crown will give a solid show on Saturday. This will finish fourth. They will win high brass, or at least come in 2nd. They will win that silly, superfluous "fan favorite" award, that DCI hands out. On Saturday night, Crownaholics will flood this board, and proudly proclaim that they should have won, and the 10 judges are flat-out wrong/incompetent/corrupt. Conspiracy theories will flood out of this board, as if it were moderated by Oliver Stone. The more objective of us will simply shake our heads, and move on with our lives.

And here is a more long-term prediction: a year from now, we will be having the exact same conversation. Crown will not make any significant changes in design, teaching approach, staffing, or member selection. Crown will put on another crowd-pleasing show, but with weak execution, especially in visual. We will be having the identical discussion, on the night before prelims next year.

It is like the movie Groundhog Day, but without Andie MacDowell. It is like being stuck in the same tragic but laughable situation for eternity. Maybe Crown should chose I Got You, Babe by Sonny and Cher, for their opener next year. (That's the song that the meteorologist, played by Bill Murray, wakes up to every day.) Maybe their shown designer can mix it with some Mussorgsky or Rimsky-Korsakov - who knows.

Knock yourself out, Crown.

• Like 1

Well it's not over untill it's over but C.C. is still by far my favorite corps , and who knows they might still pull a rabbit out of the hat ? :huh: