Who's the best looking corps out there?

Here are the results for December 16th, as of about 10:45pm:

Dec16.jpg

Phantom is still in the lead with an astounding 30 votes, with The Cadets surprisingly not far behind. Meanwhile, in the lower echelons, The Cavaliers and Blue Devils are still really neck-and-neck.

Who are these "Cavalier people" you're addressing?

Who cares what they do before they compete? Isn't it what they do while they're competing that matters.

But it would not be inane to say that both pee-wees and NFL players are playing football. Of course you can find differences, but at the root, they're essentially the same activity.

And, isn't this discussion supposed to be about uniforms?

Sure, and dating Scarlet Johansson is the same as dating Rosanne Barr. :lookaround::doh:

Who are these "Cavalier people" you're addressing?

Who cares what they do before they compete? Isn't it what they do while they're competing that matters.

But it would not be inane to say that both pee-wees and NFL players are playing football. Of course you can find differences, but at the root, they're essentially the same activity.

And, isn't this discussion supposed to be about uniforms?

primarily the guy who came in saying how awesome the cavaliers are for being playful and not taking themselves as seriously as the other corps who try to be 'mean' , and then later saying he marched their and he said 'band hats, 'band shoes' etc.... lol ....

and yes, i guess IF the competition is the only thing that matters you are correct.... however if michael phelps was throwing candy at the swimmers from other countries and trying to make them laugh during an award ceremony, i think we'd all think he's a tool. ... but maybe we shouldn't , after all, they are just a bunch of dudes moving around in water.

that being said, I don't really care what the cavaliers do, that's who they are, their identity, some like them for it, some hate them for it, i don't care. but someone condescending the other way of doing things is ignorant and sad.

... and yes... this thread is about uniforms... let's get back on subject, (feel free to pm me) ... sorry mods

• Like 1

And that mindset, as I see it, is part of the problem. There is definitely a difference, but if people want to dismiss it or not see it, then is there any surprise that people refer to their corps uniform as a "band uniform"? The Superman Suit I wore was held in high reverence and I understood that wearing it inferred a strong sense of responsibility, respect, and pride. I never looked at it as a "band uniform", rather as something that was bestowed to me...loaned with the understanding that I had EARNED the right to wear it and was expected to honor it. Not just because I signed up for band class, as would be the case with a "band uniform".

But hey...those auditions for college band are killer, huh! All those kids waiting in anticipation to see if they made it in! :thumbdown: Yaaaaah....

A lot of people feel this way about their high school and college band uniforms.

Edited by TheClutch

I know I'm from there... but I really like the Crossmen's uniform. Not marching this summer I realized just how much I liked it. It is simple and classy... and they always fit the corps very well. I know some wish there was still Crossmen red in the uniform... and I agree that the '04/'05 version of the current uni was ###### as ####... but I think the white allows the uniforms to pop a little more.

Phantom and Cadets are always refreshing to see on the field!

Just a reminder:

Voting will end at 12:00am, December 18th. I will then post a new topic with all the results.

I'm not going to bother posting any results for December 17th.

Did 8 people miss "The Cadets" and hit "Crown" by accident?

Its a shame they don't have a "like" button feature. I though the 2010 crown uniforms looked like a bunch of people with incredibly hairy chests wearing v-necks. Definitely an essential element to the summer ballet show that they are perfecting now though.

Then again, I'm just the brass expert.

Also - I also agree with Phantom as a top pick. Must be incredibly hard to maintain, but it gives the corps a definite "phantom"-like identity when they file into a stadium or march from warm-ups to the gate. Very cool to see coming over a hill or out of the tunnel

Edited by brassEXPERT
  • Like 1