One Band, One Sound

Although it has become a running joke among all drum corps fans and participants,

I actually think there might be some valuable lessons in teamwork and personal initiative in the movie Drumline that could be applied very much to the drum corps activity. What do you think?

• Like 2

Although it has become a running joke among all drum corps fans and participants,

I actually think there might be some valuable lessons in teamwork and personal initiative in the movie Drumline that could be applied very much to the drum corps activity. What do you think?

I think obvious troll is obvious.

anyways. I would hope everyone involved in the drum corps activity already knows any lessons that might have been learned from watching that movie.

• Like 2

Are you an expert on this, too?

Drumline, no. Only brass.

I think obvious troll is obvious.

anyways. I would hope everyone involved in the drum corps activity already knows any lessons that might have been learned from watching that movie.

Maybe I might have better put it as, "Do you find any value in the lessons that parallel those learned in drum corps?"

You like to throw that troll around right away, don't you?

Edited by brassEXPERT

I actually think that this is a very relevant topic and I am glad that someone has brought it up on this forum.

Honestly, there are very few parallels between the fictional world of Drumline and that of DCI, but there is a lot to be said about those music students that perform with the HBCU ensembles. I know personally that those kids put their hearts and souls into rehearsals and performances, and represent their schools with the ferocity of drum corps in the past. Even though there is a distinct divide between these two formats of the same activity but that doesn't mean that they should not be taken seriously or should be upended by DCI and their fans. I enjoy drum corps and actively participate in it when I can, but I absolutely love being entertained by the likes of the HBCU marching bands and completely understand their function in the football culture and within their respective competitive circuits. Having said that, if you haven't seriously looked at an HBCU ensemble, please check them out before scoffing at them.

Remember, "Halftime is game time!"

• Like 3

You've made me think that I was right to not choose the usernamen "ClarinetEXPERT" for myself.

Thanks - youre nice.