BITD...Mergers you would have liked to see

I mentioned in another post that The Royal Coachmen and Imperial regiment would have been a good merger. Distance wasn't that far and the talent level overall for both corps was pretty good. That would have been in 1976.

1982 The Renegades (NY) with Avant Garde would have been a super corps for NY but the management would not have seen eye to eye I would guess.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Keith, I always thought that the Squires and Avant Garde would have been Brilliant, but quite a distance for either to travel. That would have been one talented NY corp for sure

• 3 weeks later...

If the Skokie Indians had merged with the Sokokie Chiefs would they have been "The Sokokie Skokie Indian Chiefs"?:w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking back, I would say that the Freelancers and the Marauders would have been a good fit... Possible even (DARE I SAY IT.....) Freelancers and VK.

I thought Bayonne and Phantom were going to merge after the CYO in '78 but fortunately someone got them separated. Sort of a hostile takeover I think. Never been quite sure how that one would have come out.

I thought Bayonne and Phantom were going to merge after the CYO in '78 but fortunately someone got them separated. Sort of a hostile takeover I think. Never been quite sure how that one would have come out.

Hey Ray how about picking on some other Corps for a change... You keep on dragging us through the mud... Enough already....

The 1979 Bleu Raeders and Stardusters.

There was even more talent in those two corps than when they merged in 1981 to form the 1981 DCI Class A Champion Louisiana Southernaires. If they would have merged in '79, they could have done pretty well in Open Class, maybe even crack the Top 20. A lot of those members moved on in later years to the Memphis Blues, Garfield Cadets, Crossmen, and Phantom Regiment.