Elvis Costello

Mods. You can keep this here with our permission.

Loads of awesomeness to have a drum corps recognized on Elvis Costello's website.

Even greater quantities of awesome that it's Crown :-)

And just the tip of the iceberg illustrating why DCI's current youtube "strategy" is a massive FAIL and hurts both DCI and the activity as whole. But that's another topic.

When is someone going to do 'Shipbuilding?'

Loads of awesomeness to have a drum corps recognized on Elvis Costello's website.

And just the tip of the iceberg illustrating why DCI's current youtube "strategy" is a massive FAIL and hurts both DCI and the activity as whole. But that's another topic.

over and over again....it has to do more with performance rights than it does any other factor. If all corps performed from works in the public domain, then I could see the logic of your assertion in a clearer light.

Considering the number of times music rights holders have revoked/denied recording rights of their music, not to mention that YouTube will flag a video at the slightest hint of rights infringement, DCI doesn't have much of a choice in the matter. Heck, I posted a YouTube video of my wife's HS orchestra performing a Mozart piece with the HS chorus and I got a warning from YouTube. Last I checked, Mozart was public domain.

This is a unique situation where the rights holder, Mr. Costello (or his company/attorney/somebody involved), not only allowed the video to stay on YouTube, they posted it on their own website.

Maybe it's the RIAA and their "sue first, ask questions later" strategy which is the massive FAIL.