Skyliners Alumni Present The 2011 BHoF “Garfield Regional” I&E

I just heard from Buzzy Bergdoll of St. Kevin's fame and Frank Dorritie (known on DCP as Ironlips) ...

Buzzy is bringing down a brass quartet that will be playing the piece that won St. Kevin's the 1964 VFW National Brass Quartet Title in Cleveland ... they also won in 1960 and 1962 ... WOW! ... Buzzy will be playing an I&E solo as well ... FYI, he won the French Horn VFW Title in 61, 62 and 64 ...

Ironlips tells me that the Sun's Reunion Ensemble will feature BHOFers John "Screech" Arietano, Ray Fallon and Frank Diliberto as well as himself. Their inaugural performance last year proved to be the hit of the day!

I'll have more updates throughout the rest of the week ... this will be one FUN show for all to attend!

:-)

Okay gang ... Here's the latest info on the BHOFers who will be playing and socializing at Sky Alumni's I&E show this Saturday:

Sun Reunion Ensemble

Frank Dorritie

Frank Diliberto

Ray Fallon

John Arietano

Brassmen

Ruben Ariola

Jim Maldonado

ROMEOS

Col. Joe Brancati

Tommy Martin

St. Kevin's Quartet

Buzzy Bergdoll

CT Alumni

Dave Negri

Selden

Frank Buscemi

Frank Diliberto

Holy Name/Garfield Alumni

Jimmy D'Amico

Gene Marotta

Bob Gaff (possibly)

In The House

Kenton Clarke

John Guarino

Harry Hazelwood

Jim Cossetti

Anthony Convertito

Mike Delvecchio

ah, my booster seat and step stool are packed......I am cleaning my horn to insure flawless valve action....I may even take a look at my piece before I arrive.......as long as there is a Buy Bucky a Beer Booth I look forward to the new digs Charlie.....may the Spirit of Pepe be in attendance

• Like 1

Best wishes to all the participants in the show this weekend! :thumbup:

Edited by Fran Haring

Best of luck to the St. Kevins quartet ! Yah Buzzy ,Jim ,Dan & John !!!! Go Kevins

Mike D.

ah, my booster seat and step stool are packed......I am cleaning my horn to insure flawless valve action....I may even take a look at my piece before I arrive.......as long as there is a Buy Bucky a Beer Booth I look forward to the new digs Charlie.....may the Spirit of Pepe be in attendance

The Spirit of Pepe was definitely in attendance at yesterday's show as a video of his performance at the original GAS Reunion I&E show in 1988 was playing on tv's at the bar ... HOO HAA ... wadda day! ... libations, food and a fraternal atmosphere that was truly enjoyable ... oh yeah ... there was some talented competitors and exhibitions corps performing at very, very high levels ... typical of I&E show of yesteryear when drum corps was an all-year-long affair ... and the after-show party and even more volumes of mass consupmtion was a fine ending to a great day ... Sky's Alumni simply knows how to host a party ... er ... show ... few rules, great facility and lots of fun ... I'll leave it to others to post the results, reviews, pics and videos ...

Andy "your cordial I&E MC" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko

Congrats to Sky for hosting another fabulous event. You did a great job again Andy and the performances were superb.

Guido

The Spirit of Pepe was definitely in attendance at yesterday's show as a video of his performance at the original GAS Reunion I&E show in 1988 was playing on tv's at the bar ... HOO HAA ... wadda day! ... libations, food and a fraternal atmosphere that was truly enjoyable ... oh yeah ... there was some talented competitors and exhibitions corps performing at very, very high levels ... typical of I&E show of yesteryear when drum corps was an all-year-long affair ... and the after-show party and even more volumes of mass consupmtion was a fine ending to a great day ... Sky's Alumni simply knows how to host a party ... er ... show ... few rules, great facility and lots of fun ... I'll leave it to others to post the results, reviews, pics and videos ...

A great day of drum corps and old friends, how could you go wrong.