DCI to enforce dress code at all practices

Shirts For Practice   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Good Idea ?

2. 2. I'm a current marching member

Corps' are ambassadors of DCI as well as their own communities; and while out on tour they are considered "guests" who are housed at local schools around the nation. Therefore, if a corps wants to have "bikini / swimsuit" or "shirtless" rehearsals which goes against many of the host school dress-code policies at the housing sites, the corps either needs to abide by the rules and regulations of the host school or find another housing site. It is a manner of the guest respecting the host.

Every corps that I've been associated with already does this, with internal rules and policies. DCI needs to butt out, and let the corps deal with this themselves.

• Like 2

swim teams wear "activity appropriate" clothing that could be considered revealing during their practice. I've seen football players wearing pads and not shirts, Lacrosse players shirtless, track members running shirtless. I think you'd be hard-pressed to suggest what's appropriate inside the buildings in what's adhered to out on the practice fields.

While some female members adjust their clothing to be more "bikini-type", I've never seen a topless female or bottomless anyone. While I can see some adults complaining about the "exposure", I've never had a parent or neighbor complain about dress at one of our schools, to us, to the school, or to DCI.

This is an issue that's all about nothing, IMO.

Edited by garfield

i can se maybe some helth reasons why but I dunno, unless someone really abused it or DCI got a lot of flack, I dont get the point

• Like 1

There are not truckloads of "DCI Officials" visiting corps practice sites and having dress code inspections. Inspections were done away with back in the 70's.

Move along, there is nothing to see here (so to speak).

Never let an unsubstantiated rumor about a non-issue get in the way of good poll/thread.

There are not truckloads of "DCI Officials" visiting corps practice sites and having dress code inspections. Inspections were done away with back in the 70's.

Move along, there is nothing to see here (so to speak).

Never let an unsubstantiated rumor about a non-issue get in the way of good poll/thread.

No one made any claim about inspections.

I'm simply passing along a policy change as explained directly to MM's as having originated directly from DCI.

I sincerely hope it's wrong. But it doesn't seem likely.

• Like 1

Let me clarify this rumor. As with most rumors, it is unsubstantiated and wildly wrong. The proposal is to have all males rehearse outside in three-piece suits and all females in burkhas. I trust everyone can agree this is a simple and logical solution.

• Like 3