NY SKYLINERS - Sad news - Patsy Peters

It saddens me greatly to pass along this information: Patsy Peters, wife of Ray Peters, passed away this afternoon. Patsy was very well known and loved by all who met her. As an integral part of the Skyliners Family, Patsy will be missed greatly by all of us. There are no more details at this time. Information will be passed along as it is received. May Patsy rest in peace. --Rich

This is just awful news. Patsy was one of the sweetest, kindest drum corps people on this earth. I met her and the Peters family in 1982 when Ray marched in the Bushwackers, later along with their son and daughter.

I always made it a point to stop by the Skyliner table to see her and Mrs. Marshello when I went to a show. It will break my heart not to be able to see her at that table again. Lovely lady who will be missed by many. God bless her soul and give her eternal rest.

My sincerest condolences to Ray, their children and grandchildren, and the Skyliner family.

John

What John said.

A nice lady, and a very familiar face at DCA shows.

May she rest in peace.

From my new Conquistadors Family to my old Skyliner family, Patsy, you will be missed. Condolences to Ray and the NY Skyliners. Another very active member of the corps taken too soon. :angel1:

Patsi was my first instructor in the Sundowners, when I moved to NJ from the Bronx and was looking for a way to "fit in." Her passion and love for the activity was contagious and I really believe it's the reason why I kept going.

In 1996, my first year in DCA, I competed in (and won) my first duet in I&E with the Bushwackers. I was sooooo nervous before we performed, but I looked up and in the middle of that mall in Rochester was Patsi. I was so excited and proud that she was there!

As I continued to perform with the Bushwackers and later the Brigadiers, I ALWAYS hoped that the Skyliners would be at the show so I could see the Peters.

I'll miss her dearly. May she rest in peace.

Thank you, Patsi.

Words cannot express the sadness I feel at hearing this news, Patsy was one of the sweetest people I know. My wife Pat and I send our sincerest condolences to Ray and the rest of their family.

This is very sad. Patsy ALWAYS made my family feel like family and I'll never forget that. My children always love when the ladies are at show and were deeply saddened by the news.

Our prayers go out to Patsy's family and all who knew her.