Rules proposal Results

but remember Mr. Boo, It's the good stuff too that's also your fault ;)

no it's not :tongue:

that what is drum corps video says all the good belongs to Hop

• Like 1

no it's not :tongue:

that what is drum corps video says all the good belongs to Hop

This past weekend in Indy, Dan Potter got a tape of George Hopkins saying, "George Hopkins."

• Like 1

here's a podcast worth a listen.

and he's spot on. Michael Cesario is the man.

this is why the Entertainment sheet as it was proposed wasn;t needed.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1afe6792-482b-46b1-801b-c468ce99d9c1

here's a podcast worth a listen.

and he's spot on. Michael Cesario is the man.

this is why the Entertainment sheet as it was proposed wasn;t needed.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1afe6792-482b-46b1-801b-c468ce99d9c1

I have to say that being against the "entertainment caption" initially, I completely understand where Micheal Cesario is coming from. I was one of those people that were thinking "cheesy, cheap, awful... etc." But I really respect the man. He has a vision of drum corps and a voice strong enough to bring it to light. I hope to god that everyone in DCI listens to that man. He can make drum corps amazing and take it to the next level. Frankly, the way Micheal Cesario talks about entertainment as "a million points of light" is making me rethink what a revised entertainment caption might look like. I really hope there is a long discussion about what entrainment is... and I hope Cesario head that discussion. Everything that man says is breath of fresh air, even if it was against my initial ideas.

Of course that said... the "audience scoring"... eek... I don't know... But I blindly trust that Cesario knows what he's doing... *crossing my fingers*

Edited by charlie1223

I have to say that being against the "entertainment caption" initially, I completely understand where Micheal Cesario is coming from. I was one of those people that were thinking "cheesy, cheap, awful... etc." But I really respect the man. He has a vision of drum corps and a voice strong enough to bring it to light. I hope to god that everyone in DCI listens to that man. He can make drum corps amazing and take it to the next level. Frankly, the way Micheal Cesario talks about entertainment as "a million points of light" is making me rethink what a revised entertainment caption might look like. I really hope there is a long discussion about what entrainment is... and I hope Cesario head that discussion. Everything that man says is breath of fresh air, even if it was against my initial ideas.

Of course that said... the "audience scoring"... eek... I don't know... But I blindly trust that Cesario knows what he's doing... *crossing my fingers*

I heard him give a clinic that said a lot of this stuff 5 years ago. finally, people are listening

Wait, which corps had terrible balance before electronics? :blink:

Any time the horns were loud and keyboard were supposed to match, the mallets couldn't play loud enough (hence the use of cymbals/drums). Any time the keyboards played loud, the bass was lost, producing a tinny sound. So, all of the corps.

Okay so it's been a while since I've been here, but so does the passing of the staff controlling the sound board mean my husband can apply for a job as a sound guy with one of those rich corps that has all these goodies?