Rules proposal Results

but given a whole season to perfect it instead of just 1 day?

It's been 6 years and no better. Next excuse/ reason for a future rules change please?

It's on excuse after another followed by more proposals.

• Like 1

I went to a cheerleading comp some years ago and the crowd , fans , and mostly parents only go nuts for their kids . They sit silently for the other groups because crowd appeal is judged. It was embarrassing embarrassing embarrassing to hear someone tell you not to cheer because they were not our team.

If the judges take into consideration the entertainment of the corps without getting the fans involved . ( kind of what they do with difficulty ) its not really on the sheet .

we might be on on the right path.

Exactly, exactly, exactly!!!!!!

• Like 1

double post (man i suck at this)

Edited by TastyWaves
  • Like 1

I am all for entertaining shows and fan friendly shows.

BUT......

This must be policed by the designers and judges. NOT THE FANS.

entertainment is different for everyone . there is NO chart to determine if a show is more entertaining to another. This is All in the aye of the fans.

AS I SAID .. policed by the judges.

Not to give them a number to put down because the fans or they themselves find a show entertaining. It is the attempt to entertain that should be rewarded in the EFFECT caption.

Some of these high brow shows ( such as BD , Cadets , SCV ) are entertaining to some but not all.

shows like Blue Knights , Madison , Blue Stars or Cavies. How do you differentiate the differences in entertainment?? THE crowd ?? no !!!

I went to a cheerleading comp some years ago and the crowd , fans , and mostly parents only go nuts for their kids . They sit silently for the other groups because crowd appeal is judged. It was embarrassing embarrassing embarrassing to hear someone tell you not to cheer because they were not our team.

If the judges take into consideration the entertainment of the corps without getting the fans involved . ( kind of what they do with difficulty ) its not really on the sheet .

we might be on on the right path.

Posts like this are why DCP needs "Like" button like Facebook has.

I dont think anyone is unintelligent enough to have some kind of "fan-o-meter" for any significant scoring toward the title.

Maybe they can do something like a text campaign from in the stadium where the fans can text their winner (similar to American Idol) and at the end, they have a special award

specifically for that which does not affect the outcome of the overall scores.

And yes, I too have seen events where "Crowd reaction" is factored in and they are completely ridiculous.

People leaving during groups that arent theirs, booing, or campaigning for their group to other spectators. I had one idiot mom and dad tell me to stop cheering because their kid was in the next group.

no thanks!

• Like 1

Why are some peoples taste so poor as to think they will lose out for some odd reason?

It's been 6 years and no better. Next excuse/ reason for a future rules change please?

It's on excuse after another followed by more proposals.

Ya, you're right. Changing the rules never improved anything ever.

And come on...they have not been working on this particular issue for 6 years. Or do you think that operating a sound board (something some people go to 4 year universities to learn how to do with precision) was just that easy?

Or do you think that operating a sound board (something some people go to four-year universities to learn how to do with precision) was just that easy?

I work in a theater, so I don't think it's easy to operate a sound board. I also don't think it's easy to properly play a musical instrument.

I do think that all direct control over sound in drum corps ought to be (1) performed by a member, not a staffer; and (2) controlled from the field / pit, not from the stands. If the corps can't do that, they proabably shouldn't be using amplfication in the first place.

• Like 3