FANTASIA!

Will

As someone who was there for both prelims and finals, I am not at all surprised that Fantasia beat Corona. Both had absolutely amazing shows, but Fantasia seemed a step ahead in design. I loved their show. There was one part of Fantasia's show (after the long rifle exchange sequence) that was very reminiscent of Fantasia 2004. For me, Corona's show seemed a bit hard to follow. Conceptually, Blessed Sac is absolutely brilliant., but I prefer the flow and weapon content of Fantasia's show. We'll just have to see where Onyx/SCV/NEi play into this! It's looking to be a very competitive, amazing season! Shame that Pride won't be here this season, but I'm anticipating their return. :smile:

my guess is that NEi doesn't show up to WGIs ;-)

As someone who was there for both prelims and finals, I am not at all surprised that Fantasia beat Corona. Both had absolutely amazing shows, but Fantasia seemed a step ahead in design. I loved their show. There was one part of Fantasia's show (after the long rifle exchange sequence) that was very reminiscent of Fantasia 2004. For me, Corona's show seemed a bit hard to follow. Conceptually, Blessed Sac is absolutely brilliant., but I prefer the flow and weapon content of Fantasia's show. We'll just have to see where Onyx/SCV/NEi play into this! It's looking to be a very competitive, amazing season! Shame that Pride won't be here this season, but I'm anticipating their return. :smile:

NEI isnt coming either! Maybe Black Watch or Zydeco will fill that NEI void!

NEI isnt coming either! Maybe Black Watch or Zydeco will fill that NEI void!

I've heard great things about Zydeco.

NEI will be there - just under another name 'Premonition'

I was there for both prelims and finals. Fantasia had to many drops to count in prelims and although they still had allot in finals, it was a much better run and they had added costumes as well. The show has some excellent weapons work, especially when they clean it up and has tons of great audience applause momnets. But, design wise, it cannot even begin to compare to the gorgeous, intricate Corona show. This show is loaded as usual with the creative and difficult work the brilliant Michael Shapiro is known for. Even this early in the season the small attention to detail is amazing. You could watch this show over and over and still be discovering new details and small things the performers are doing and I am sure that half the neat stuff is missed on fan network. The Fantasia show worked just fine in the school gym venue and it was easy to focus on the big moments, you always knew just where to look and not miss anything and I think the audience likes that. For me though, this is just a typical show......after seeing it a couple times I dont feel like I have missed anything that I need to still see.....just nothing that special.....whereas the Corona show is one that I would want to keep watching over and over until I felt like I might have seen it all and then after just for the enjoyment of watching and listening (great music). It will benefit hugely when seen in a UD type arena for sure, and I cannot wait to see what their costumes look like.

• 2 weeks later...

saw fantasia again last night at a bigger hs gym than the regional. 3rd time to see them this year. they were beyond awesome...can't understand the score of 83.5. seriously? i heard someone start chanting 90, 90, 90. couldn't agree more. .....oh and btw, why did corona pull out of the ceres regional and the week before pull out of the local wgasc show...and next week no show scheduled...3 weeks no shows....i smell a major re-write coming on?...i guess losing to fantasia at the regional is some kind of motivation.

welcome to these forums first time poster! :smile:

the design proccess is different for every group and i'm sure corona is focusing on refining and clarifying thier program.i am thrilled to see fantasia's return to the top of their class and look forward to viewing their progress as well as SCV! :thumbup:

as per usual the west coast has produced wonderful top notch talent and extremely entertaining programs. :worthy:

Edited by dugg

As simply a big fan of SCV's Colorguard...... I want to give them a shout out and a "way-to-go" for their 85.0 last night!! Best of luck this season SCV!! I'll be watching and cheering! :thumbup:

saw fantasia again last night at a bigger hs gym than the regional. 3rd time to see them this year. they were beyond awesome...can't understand the score of 83.5. seriously? i heard someone start chanting 90, 90, 90. couldn't agree more. .....oh and btw, why did corona pull out of the ceres regional and the week before pull out of the local wgasc show...and next week no show scheduled...3 weeks no shows....i smell a major re-write coming on?...i guess losing to fantasia at the regional is some kind of motivation.

I remember that person! I agree that Fantasia's 83.5 seemed a bit low. But they had a pretty rough show,too. A lot of rewrites and new work that still need to be cleaned (it's on YouT---)!

The show is a real gem, though. I'm really excited for IW this season!

Update on Corona? WGASC schedule has been updated - looks like they are not taking a 3rd week off - Vegas, baby! Good luck to them in Henderson this weekend. I wish it were not so far - very interested to see how the show has evolved. Lots of love to both Fantasia and Corona!

Just wanted to mention, Corona DID NOT take the 2/19 weekend off from a show as poster had stated. Corona was at the Chino show as scheduled and set to perform but from what I understand (I was not there) a group a few before them had a freaky accident; someone hit the basketball backstop in such a way that it shattered and glass was everywhere.Fortunately no performers were hurt. It was all cleaned up but there were still wicked pieces of the BB set up still sticking out and if it had been hit again it would have been really dangerous. So the groups left to perform did not, except for the host school. I have always said those BB hoops are a real menace to guards!