I Heard...

I would put money on it and 3 to 1 odds that no one new will come out with 60+ horns this season and maintain those hornline numbers come Sept. Name any amount you want to bet.

I use to keep up with these numbers but the last few years I have gotten lazy about it. A large hornline in DCA is in the 50's and those are the long standing established corps. I would venture to guess the average size horn line in DCA open Class is probably in the 40ish neighbor hood.

Didn't Alliance march 50 this past year? I suppose there are exceptions. CV has and I think even MCL has marched 50 in the past. I would not be surprised to see Tampa Bay Thunder march a larger hornline this year. They seemed to have a very good turnout and I would imagine (sadly) that they received a large number of Sun Devils' members.

Didn't Alliance march 50 this past year? I suppose there are exceptions. CV has and I think even MCL has marched 50 in the past. I would not be surprised to see Tampa Bay Thunder march a larger hornline this year. They seemed to have a very good turnout and I would imagine (sadly) that they received a large number of Sun Devils' members.

We're only planning on around 40 horns this year at the moment.

I believe that Alliance was at the 50ish mark last season having picked up a good number of the displaced members. I hear that retention has been good at Alliance and recruiting continues.

I think CV largest hornline was in the mid to upper 50's just a few years back but have been hanging in the mid 40s for the last two seasons. CV is continuing with Brass/Visual Auditions from what I hear through my buds and have not set numbers.

Best I can remember MCL had 28 in 05, 32 in 06, 35 in 07 32 in 08 and mid 40s in 09. + or - 3 or so.

whichever hornline plays the cleanest will win, regardless of size