Alumni corps 'Season' about to begin

A few places to eat, within a 10-minute or so drive from Patapsco High School:

Denny's

IHOP

The Boulevard Diner (never been there, but it gets pretty good reviews on UrbanSpoon and other sites.)

Squire's (Italian-American restaurant that is a local landmark. I can vouch for the chicken parmigiana... good stuff.)

And some people appreciate having the off season. Please lets not get into a pissing contest on who is "the best" out there because every person has their own preferences..

Liz, I believe Spandy was just expressing his opinion and preference, and not looking to start any "pissing contest."

All the Alumni corps are great for what they do: They bring old-style, entertaining drum corps to the people. Bridgemen, Cabs and Sky are all among the crowd favorites, and no one is competing to be "the best." We're all just 'competing' for the crowd's approval and affection.

Folks who love the alumni corps can see all three of them, plus the Westshoremen, Park City, St. Joe's and others in Harrisburg at the Serenade. I hope to catch the Bridgemen, whom I have enjoyed since the 70's. In 2009, when some DCI fan complained on DCP about the Bridgemen playing 'too long' at DCI East, I was one of the folks who defended them and said I could never imagine having 'too much' of them or any other corps performing live for me.

And we do have an 'off season' too, albeit a brief one in December. Plymouth marks the end of our 'year,' and we resume full rehearsals in January.

Edited by cabalumnidrummer

A few places to eat, within a 10-minute or so drive from Patapsco High School:

The Boulevard Diner (never been there, but it gets pretty good reviews on UrbanSpoon and other sites.)

Squire's (Italian-American restaurant that is a local landmark. I can vouch for the chicken parmigiana... good stuff.)

Fran, Wayne said you might be helpful about this!

I believe some corps members and I ate at the Boulevard Diner the last time the 'Stinger' was at Patapsco. There had been a fire at Parkville that year, and the show had to be moved about a month or two before. The food was quite good, if I recall.

See you Saturday. I'm bringing 'you know who' with me, so wish me luck.

Thanks for the well wishes and places to eat Fran. Can't wait to see familiar faces that don't have the title "Doctor" in front of their name. Kris' 84 year old father had his knee replacement re-replaced (say that fast three times) yesterday due to a lingering infection and did well. Visit him tonight and tomorrow is really our day to reeeeeeeeeelax.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

It's Show Day!!!! :thumbup:

Safe travels to those of you heading to the Stinger today.

I'm sorry we couldn't order up better weather for you. :tongue: The temperature today is running about 10-15 degrees below normal for this time of year.

Thank God for indoor shows!!!! LOL

It's Show Day!!!! :thumbup:

Safe travels to those of you heading to the Stinger today.

I'm sorry we couldn't order up better weather for you. :tongue: The temperature today is running about 10-15 degrees below normal for this time of year.

Thank God for indoor shows!!!! LOL

(thinking of past SIB weird weather days)

Well there's always next weeks weather... :shutup:

I hear you loud and clear there. "Off season" should be stricken from the vocabulary of drum corps.

<snip>

"Off season" = Mon thru Fri

Joe

Joe

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Joe

So True.

I vote this as post of the season.

Double post....

Edited by TennTux