The Onyx thread

It seems awfully pretentious to me to refer to color guard as "art." However, if that's what you're going to do, you need to be able to accept criticism like any artist would. It seems unusual for an "artist" to forbid people to express negative opinions about his work.

• Like 3

I closed the topic I was asked to close. I didn't close this one.

Trish: I think you are a coward. You let one person dictate what people are allowed to discuss about our art form and activity. Forums are for discussions. This is an artform. If Mike Lentz does not want to be upset by people responding to his work, he should not look here. And, unfortunately for his wonderful performers, I will not be sitting through Onyx's show...or any kind of pompous webforum that he chooses to do. The way he has handled all of this is reflective of someone I will not look up to as a leader in this activity; and I know MANY that feel the same way. Please get a grip about your position on these forums. You try to assert your place in colorguard by controlling what people discuss...and that's a pretty ridiculous contribution.

Trish: I think you are a coward. You let one person dictate what people are allowed to discuss about our art form and activity. Forums are for discussions. This is an artform. If Mike Lentz does not want to be upset by people responding to his work, he should not look here. And, unfortunately for his wonderful performers, I will not be sitting through Onyx's show...or any kind of pompous webforum that he chooses to do. The way he has handled all of this is reflective of someone I will not look up to as a leader in this activity; and I know MANY that feel the same way. Please get a grip about your position on these forums. You try to assert your place in colorguard by controlling what people discuss...and that's a pretty ridiculous contribution.

Are you out of your mind?

I hate Onyx's show (yes - "hate" is the appropriate term) as much as the next guy, but a lot of the posts on here are unnecessary and kind of embarrassing for our activity. Why WOULDN'T Trish close the topic? If anyone has a personal issue with Michael Lentz (which I don't think is too unreasonable considering some of his comments referenced on CGP), I'm sure you can find a way to contact him directly rather than posting on here.

It's ridiculous to call anyone a coward for simply doing their job.

Edited by WikiSpiniTX

Thank you! For every hater in this process there's been a motivator, so keep 'em coming :)

I hate Onyx's show (yes - "hate" is the appropriate term) as much as the next guy, but a lot of the posts on here are unnecessary and kind of embarrassing for our activity. Why WOULDN'T Trish close the topic? If anyone has a personal issue with Michael Lentz (which I don't think is too unreasonable considering some of his comments referenced on CGP), I'm sure you can find a way to contact him directly rather than anonymously posting on here.

I hate Onyx's show (yes - "hate" is the appropriate term) as much as the next guy, but a lot of the posts on here are unnecessary and kind of embarrassing for our activity. Why WOULDN'T Trish close the topic? If anyone has a personal issue with Michael Lentz (which I don't think is too unreasonable considering some of his comments referenced on CGP), I'm sure you can find a way to contact him directly rather than posting on here.

A. I did and have contacted Michael Lentz personally to discuss his process and the show...and received very rude personal comments.

B. I included my name; so the post was not anonymous.

C. Trish's 'job'? This is an online forum for discussion (which really holds no place of significance in the real world). Trish is not the gestapo, police, or even anyone of any kind of authority. If this is her 'job', I feel she should set higher aspirations for herself; and let people speak their opinions, which is the whole purpose of this entire site.

• Like 2

What's the paid time off situation if I make this my full-time job? LOL I am losing 2.5 personal days for my trip to Dayton next week from my "job!" LOL

Maybe it's a better deal, who knows??

A. I did and have contacted Michael Lentz personally to discuss his process and the show...and received very rude personal comments.

B. I included my name; so the post was not anonymous.

C. Trish's 'job'? This is an online forum for discussion (which really holds no place of significance in the real world). Trish is not the gestapo, police, or even anyone of any kind of authority. If this is her 'job', I feel she should set higher aspirations for herself; and let people speak their opinions, which is the whole purpose of this entire site.

What's the paid time off situation if I make this my full-time job? LOL I am losing 2.5 personal days for my trip to Dayton next week from my "job!" LOL

Maybe it's a better deal, who knows??

Not to mention, if Mike Lentz gets upset by what people say about his controversial art, he has the option of not coming here to look...as many of the world class designers could care less what goes on in here.

• Like 2

I just want to make this clear that it was not the performers of Onyx you should be mad at. We still need to give them their respect for working just as hard as the next group. Lets not lose track of that.

Edited by TubaJon

And good luck to everyone as we come to the end of the season!:thumbup:

Edited by TubaJon

Have no idea what was said but mebbe you should read the guidelines.

Sounds like the personal attacks section would be appropiate...

As for "any kind of authority".... mebbe you should understand the role of the Mods better.

And the OP can request their thread to be closed at any time and really don't have to give a reason. Been there.. done that and it was never questioned.

Edited by JimF-LowBari