New Drum Corps Web-site

I have just finished uploading a new drum corps web-site:

http://drumcorpscollectibles.com/index.html

My desire with this site is to catalogue drum corps collectibles. I collect pins/ patches (and would love for you to send me pictures of them), but I know other people collect various other items. I will put these items on the site so there will be a central point to view them. For example: Bill Ives is going to send me pictures of his uniform collection and I am going to add them to the site.

I know that many of you have displays (what I call "shrines") of your drum corps memorabilia. I am very interested in posting pictures of these and will include a section devoted to them in the near future. For example: My wife has a display case full of drum corps miniatures that she has collected over the years. This is the type of thing I would like to add. Here is another perfect example that I found on the Squires (Watkins Glenn, NY) facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56829234036#!/photo.php?fbid=1524250439037&set=o.56829234036&type=1&theater

I thought that this was a wonderful image!!

Please let me know what you think of the site and if you might have something to contribute. I will acknowledge all the submissions. There is a page on the site (Submissions) that gives instructions on how you can contribute.

I am new to web-site design, so if you have any suggestions or comments please send them to me at Email me or use the Contact button on the site to contact me. This is a work in progress (really a labor of love) and your input is very valuable to me!

• Like 1

the idea is great,, but the pages are formatted W A Y T O O W I D E...lol

no seriously, I have a high res laptop,, and there should be no page that I should have to scroll left to right on when the browser is maximised,,, it's really an easy fix.. but other than that,,, good going!

the idea is great,, but the pages are formatted W A Y T O O W I D E...lol

no seriously, I have a high res laptop,, and there should be no page that I should have to scroll left to right on when the browser is maximised,,, it's really an easy fix.. but other than that,,, good going!

I did not have that problem with my monitor, but someone else has commented the same thing. I am no web design expert, but I will try to see what I did wrong in the formatting. Any ideas? I wish I had had the money to pay someone to do it!!

Yeah, it's really wide. I can see about 2/3 of the page at a time. It looks like your header type may be the problem. Make it about half the size it is now and see what happens.

The following line of code is what's killing the header in some browsers. Just looking at the code, it looks like you used some type of html editor program to create the pages? You may want to re-evaluate which program you are using because it's adding a lot of extra code to you pages that's truly unnecessary and in some cases deprecated as far as today's design standards go. Adding this many "big" tags combined with a +3 font size declaration is just plain going to confuse the heck out of most browsers. Some have a better tolerances and ability to correct coding errors, but others output exactly what you input. The code snippet below has the potential to create gigantic text in some browsers, which is what some users are seeing (including myself!).

<big><big><big><big><big><font size="+3"><big><big><big><big><big>Drum Corps<br>
 Collectibles</big></big></big></big></big></font></big></big></big></big></big>

Edited by PioneerWebmaster

Good luck with the width (glad I don't work with webpages) and getting submissions.

Have a few that you don't have but might be a while until I start submitting. Will keep it in mind as I get time.

If the page is too wide and you're on the receiving end, try using the good old MS-DOS keyboard command : Ctrl "-" to reduce and Ctrl "+" to re-enlarge. It's not a solution but sometimes it can help.

Edited by Piper