Bill Cook

I never met Bill Cook but I sent him a thank you note for what he did for the Cavies when they were in need (after the Star DCI days) and he came to the rescue. He sent me a very nice personal letter back and I obviously immediately realized what a good man he was.

I have never marched DCI but have always been a fan. I think he identified with my situation based on the tone of his letter.

God speed to a good man.

Very well stated - his legacy goes much farther than just Star of Indiana or DCI.

No ####.

I have two drug-eluting stents in my coronary arteries, the insertion of which last year prevented a heart attack that would have been inevitable. Were it not for the work that Bill did with Dr. Charlie Dotter of OHSU, at a time when interventional radiology was held in slightly higher regard in the medical community than voodoo, that technology might not have evolved as quickly, or to the efficacy that it has.

The hell with drum corps ... The man made technology possible that has saved, most likely, a few million lives at this point.

The drum corps thing looks frivolous in comparison.

P.S.: If there is a Heaven, in the Judeo-Christian sense, I hope god realizes that Bill will be busting his stones about a management re-org before the week is out.

Edited by DCIHasBeen
  • Like 2

Our sincere condolences to the entire Cook family and our friends at Star United. We are very sorry for your loss.

With Deepest Sympathy,

MASS BRASS

Thankyou Strutta and Mass Brass. It is difficult to find the correct words to describe what Mr.Cook meant to us personally and as a group. I think it is safe to say that he will be one of the greatest and most inspirational souls we will encounter in life. His words, ideas, and deeds will hopefully guide us the rest of our days. He is already missed.

Personally, it makes me smile to think that I got a chance to play for him and shake his hand one last time this past Saturday as Star United performed at the celebration of the life of Bob Lendman. Another untimely recent loss to the Star family and drum corps community. You can bet that for the rest of this season and beyond, we will be raising many a glass, and blowing many a note, in honor of Mr. Cook and Mr. Lendman.

Here in Indiana every Local TV news org. ran a piece on Mr. Cook. the best one I seen, was a man saying "Instead a moment of silence, let's have a moment of noise" at which time all stood up and let it ripped.......

The state of Indiana has lost a great man............ His foundation gave 10s of millions of dollars back to the people of Indiana young and old alike. Mr. Cook was so humble that one would not know that he was the richest man in Indiana....... Mr. Cooks Legacy will live forever in the good that his foundation does for the people in Indiana.