How far ahead of time is ticketing info generally available?

For the first since I've been marching, Crown is actually coming pretty close to where I and most of my friends live (finally, a home show! :thumbup:); specifically, it's the August 4th Warrenton, VA show. It'd be a lot easier to persuade my friends to go if I had concrete details about time/place/ticket price/etc, but unfortunately the full show info hasn't been released yet, and it looks like a lot of other shows in the same timeframe haven't come out with their details yet either.

I'm woefully inexperienced in DCI from the spectator side - how far ahead of the performance date should I expect to be able to give people specific info about the show?

Edited by CrownStarr

I would ask DCI when the tickets will be available. Maybe even on facebook as they tend to answer questions there fairly quickly.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused with this show right now. It doesn't look like it is being run by the same people who ran the show at Mason the last 2 years.

I found this website: http://www.dcinova.com/ but it doesn't really have any info.

I assume it will be at Fauquier HS. That is where the show was in 2006 that I marched in, and I think it was there in 2008 when I went to watch. This HS also hosted my corps for a week in 2007 prior to the kickoff of the season. It will probably cost about $25 to sit in one of the sections just off the middle, between the 30-40. Probably $20 further out and $30 or $35 for the top row on the 50. Just my guesses from having been to the nova show during this time period since I aged out.

I would say the ticket will probably go on sale in May or early June (all the nova shows have used Crown's ticket service in the last few years). There will be plenty of tickets available for awhile, but they will start to get scooped up in July as it gets closer to the show date.

hope that helps somewhat. I don't think Warrenton has an abundance of stadiums, so this is probably good bet for the show site.

ps there is (was) also a grocery store that you can hit up right by the show site (assuming it is Fauquier HS)

Edited by soccerguy315

Once tickets are up for sale, the availability should be fine. At other events where ticketing has started, there are good seats available. In the "select your seat" DCI on-line option, here are figures for 3 shows.

My home chores may not be done, but at least I'm keeping up with ticketing stats.

Grand Rapids, June 25

April 10 2011, 3635 tickets available

April 22 2011, 3607 tickets available

April 30 2011, 3572 tickets available

Omaha, July 10

April 10 2011, 4632 tickets available

April 22 2011, 4592 tickets available

April 30 2011, 4581 tickets available

Allentown, August 5

Top Sections & Lower Sections D-M

April 10 2011, 5488 tickets available

April 22 2011, 5449 tickets available

April 30 2011, 5429 tickets available

Allentown, August 6

Top Sections & Lower Sections D-M

April 10 2011, 5256 tickets available

April 22 2011, 5212 tickets available

April 30 2011, 5180 tickets available

I'm a little confused with this show right now. It doesn't look like it is being run by the same people who ran the show at Mason the last 2 years.

I found this website: http://www.dcinova.com/ but it doesn't really have any info.

I assume it will be at Fauquier HS. That is where the show was in 2006 that I marched in, and I think it was there in 2008 when I went to watch. This HS also hosted my corps for a week in 2007 prior to the kickoff of the season. It will probably cost about $25 to sit in one of the sections just off the middle, between the 30-40. Probably $20 further out and $30 or $35 for the top row on the 50. Just my guesses from having been to the nova show during this time period since I aged out.

I would say the ticket will probably go on sale in May or early June (all the nova shows have used Crown's ticket service in the last few years). There will be plenty of tickets available for awhile, but they will start to get scooped up in July as it gets closer to the show date.

hope that helps somewhat. I don't think Warrenton has an abundance of stadiums, so this is probably good bet for the show site.

ps there is (was) also a grocery store that you can hit up right by the show site (assuming it is Fauquier HS)

It's a ways out for those trying to get off of work in the DC metro area to get to the show on time, but I may try to attend this show.

• Like 1

It's a ways out for those trying to get off of work in the DC metro area to get to the show on time, but I may try to attend this show.

Yeah, Google says it's an hour and a half from my office in downtown D.C. The worst part is the HOV restriction on 66 until 6:30. God only know what 50 will be like at 5:30

Yeah, Google says it's an hour and a half from my office in downtown D.C. The worst part is the HOV restriction on 66 until 6:30. God only know what 50 will be like at 5:30

I believe 50 will be the better option. I'm in NW DC and go out to Fairfax a lot for shopping... I-66 is going to just be impossible during that time of day. I'm thinking about taking the day off and heading out around noon. I can hang out and look at the pretty countryside or something. tongue.gif

I like that lineup!

Edited by jjeffeory