What would you most like to see this season

Let's be honest, we all have favorite corps, and all have things we wish could happen during the season.

Personally, I would love to see SCV and Madison Scouts both return to the top of the pack. Although I love all the corps, it would be awesome to see SCV come away with another title, and see Madison Scouts bubbling somewhere in the top 6 again, like they did for so many years. I think it would also be cool if either Pacific Crest or Academy could break into the top 12. Not expecting any of these to happen this year, but just thought these would be some cool things.

I am also really hoping to enjoy at least 22 of the 23 DI/World Class corps shows like I did last season.

Boston in the top five. this will also help out with the added shows that has been put in place by Boston. It will also bring northeast $$$$$ into drum corp.

You mean the "Bando nonsense" that left them undefeated for the last 2 seasons.......I bet you'd like to see them put that aside! And....pray tell, when did BD depart from the Business of Drum Corps???. :ph34r:

Having said that..... I would also like to see the Scouts do well this year, but I think SCV be the Bluecoats of 2011.

that's the problem...it's business, not entertainment. Win at all costs, even if the fan's don't appreciate it.

I'd love to see BD go undefeated...with a show that has melodies and is more fan oriented. There are leaders and followers. If the leader is doing "bando" shows, the followers will also (wide brush, but it's true to a certain extent). If the leader was doing fan favorite shows, the followers would tend to shift in that direction.

• Like 3

that's the problem...it's business, not entertainment. Win at all costs, even if the some fan's don't appreciate it.

I'd love to see BD go undefeated...with a show that has melodies and is more fan oriented. There are leaders and followers. If the leader is doing "bando" shows, the followers will also (wide brush, but it's true to a certain extent). If the leader was doing fan favorite shows, the followers would tend to shift in that direction.

Fixed!

So you're saying that BD's shows are all about business and not entertainment??? Right. :blink:

Now, if I understand your 2nd statement correctly, you appear to be suggesting that BD is doing "bando" shows (whatever the hell they are....my guess is they're not a good thing) and because they are in the lead they will influence all the poor mindless corps that will follow them in their attempt to "win at all costs" like the leader....thereby filling our summer with crummy bando shows. :huh:

This is insulting on so many levels and to so many creative, talented groups and individuals that one would need a nuclear device to respond.

• Like 1

Fixed!

So you're saying that BD's shows are all about business and not entertainment??? Right. :blink:

Now, if I understand your 2nd statement correctly, you appear to be suggesting that BD is doing "bando" shows (whatever the hell they are....my guess is they're not a good thing) and because they are in the lead they will influence all the poor mindless corps that will follow them in their attempt to "win at all costs" like the leader....thereby filling our summer with crummy bando shows. :huh:

This is insulting on so many levels and to so many creative, talented groups and individuals that one would need a nuclear device to respond.

I know from a fan prospective last years show didn't make much sense. Yes it was a very complex musical and visual experience. But tell me, how is drum corps going to pull people in to watch and donate to the program when your average fan, who isn't attuned to music at all, can understand the complexities of a atonal show. You can't make it so complicated people can't understand it. If you were at finals watching the crowd, the only reason they clapped at the end was because the BD staff was waving their arms and jumping around, which made us assume that the show was ending.

• Like 3

Fixed!

<call> Hello, Homeland Security ? </call>

lol

• Like 2

I know from a fan prospective last years show didn't make much sense. Yes it was a very complex musical and visual experience. But tell me, how is drum corps going to pull people in to watch and donate to the program when your average fan, who isn't attuned to music at all, can understand the complexities of a atonal show. You can't make it so complicated people can't understand it. If you were at finals watching the crowd, the only reason they clapped at the end was because the BD staff was waving their arms and jumping around, which made us assume that the show was ending.

Drum corps has lots of room for all kinds of musical and visual ideas. Because you don't like (or don't get) a certain show is no signal that the DC Universe (as you know it) is imploding. The only reason huh? About the ending of their 2010 show...unlike the 2 previous years when they nearly climbed into the first row of the audience at the end, this year the designers added a transportation effect requiring the cresendo to deminish and a crash though the mirror moment. Oh the horror of it all... the humanity.....no company front! :blink:

• Like 1

More good uses of electronics (seems to be about half great and the other half just decent last year). They really add a lot to the shows.

More corps taking chances (looking at you, Crown!). Haven't you ever noticed that the championship show is WAY more unique than even 2nd almost every year?

Less whiners when they can't "figure out" a show they've already decided they hate.

• Like 1