Wildwood 2011

Lobster House. get the schooner

mmm...lobster house. I used to practically live in Cape May Court House in the summers, but i've still only been there 2 or 3 times :satisfied:

Have a great time folks and enjoy the show. Wildwood one of my favorite places to go to. Spent my entire childhood going to the NJ American legion state championships there where every NJ Corps completed on Maxwell field. I will miss my annual Macks Pizza run and also Kelly's which should be crown the Drum Corps Capital of Wildwood hang out.

good luck to all the corps especially to the corps I grew up in.

"State Championships":

A long time ago, in a New Jersey junior drum corps galaxcy far far away, the NJ "States" were a "Preview" of that years National Championships. Such legendary units as St Vincents Cadest, St Josephs Cadets, Patterson Cadets, Holy Name-Garfield Cadets, Fairlawn & Dumont Police Cadets, Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, Audubon Bon Bons, Our Lady of Lourdes Cadets, Newark Woodsiders, St Lucys Cadets, Haddon Heights Vagabonds, Blue Rock, Hawthorne Muchachos, andd St Andrews Bridgemen squared off at olde "Maxwell Field" in what amounted to a "Mini Nationals" championship.

Great contests, great memories.....

Elphaba

Driving across southern New Jersey into Wildwood, seeing the all the retro hotel buildings, eating at Mack's, Kohr's and Uncle Bill's Pancake House, quaffing some ales at Kelly's Cafe, and seeing friends you've not seen in too many months is something I get the itch for every spring and it never disappoints.

Thank you to the entire Caballeros organization and the fine folks of Wildwood for another tremendous experience! If you made a deal with Mother Nature for the weather, thank you for that as well!

Fran Haring, it was a pleasure to see you, and great to have you back in the corps world!

Safe travels, everyone, to your next port of call!

Fran Haring, it was a pleasure to see you, and great to have you back in the corps world!

Thank you, Tom...much appreciated! It's nice to be back. I missed my sweetie on Saturday, but I know she was keeping an eye on me from above!

• Like 1

Hey, Fran. I heard your comment about the difference in the reception in Wildwood this year compared to last as I was trudging up to the stands from far, far away on Park Boulevard. Glad you didn't need to use your megaphone this year. Seriously, those of us in Wildwood are so glad to see you all come to our famous little burg. I personally wish we could have shows at Maxwell Field every week. But I guess even that would get boring, there are many other great drum corps towns out there. (They just don't have our boardwalk). :thumbup:

I heard one very enthusiastic comment from someone in the stands after the last exhibition that bears repeating over and over. You know the exhibition I'm talking about... You had to have seen it. It was the one that had the entire audience hyperventilating and clutching their chests to try and control their heartbeats. You know, the exhibition with the so-called "old" guys in it...

"The Cabs Alumni was worth the entire price of admission all by themselves!"

Way to go, guys. I have never seen such a fantastic performance so early in the season in my life. If this is how you perform at the first show, you should "destroy the house" at the last one. :worthy:

God, I wish, I wish, I wish my knees would cooperate so I could get my horn back out there on the field. :rolleyes:

Thom

Hey, Fran. I heard your comment about the difference in the reception in Wildwood this year compared to last as I was trudging up to the stands from far, far away on Park Boulevard. Glad you didn't need to use your megaphone this year. Seriously, those of us in Wildwood are so glad to see you all come to our famous little burg. I personally wish we could have shows at Maxwell Field every week. But I guess even that would get boring, there are many other great drum corps towns out there. (They just don't have our boardwalk). :thumbup:

I heard one very enthusiastic comment from someone in the stands after the last exhibition that bears repeating over and over. You know the exhibition I'm talking about... You had to have seen it. It was the one that had the entire audience hyperventilating and clutching their chests to try and control their heartbeats. You know, the exhibition with the so-called "old" guys in it...

Way to go, guys. I have never seen such a fantastic performance so early in the season in my life. If this is how you perform at the first show, you should "destroy the house" at the last one. :worthy:

God, I wish, I wish, I wish my knees would cooperate so I could get my horn back out there on the field. :rolleyes:

Thom

Being one of those "Old-guys" (and those who know me know I'm only an honorary old guy), thank you. Sat night was my first performance with the Alumni corps... marching with people that I had remembered watching at rehearsals as a kid in the post, guys I haven't marched alongside with since my rookie year, guys I've always wanted to be able to say, "yes, I've marched alongside of him"... And being able to have Russo back up in front conducting... holy crap, batman... What a rush it was... And I thought the stage shows were awesome...

I'm not gonna lie... I think I may have been the happiest "kid" (well, I guess compared to them I am a kid...) out there all night. I was honestly worried about whether or not I was going to enjoy myself out there after running around with the field corps for the past 3 years, but snap, man... I think I have officially found my "drum corps crack"....

Thom

Thom, thank you so much for sharing the comment from the stands, as well as your own comments! As the 'old guys' who perform just for the pure enjoyment of it all and the crowd's approval, we felt well-rewarded after the show. I hope you get a chance to see us later in the summer, when the show is really polished! We have two more New Jersey appearances: July 9 in Wayne at the 'Grand Prix' and July 16 in Bayonne at the Bridgemen's 'Tournament of Stars.'

Hey John........good to finally meet and talk with ya......youse olde dudes done good.......

Guido

Thom, thank you so much for sharing the comment from the stands, as well as your own comments! As the 'old guys' who perform just for the pure enjoyment of it all and the crowd's approval, we felt well-rewarded after the show. I hope you get a chance to see us later in the summer, when the show is really polished! We have two more New Jersey appearances: July 9 in Wayne at the 'Grand Prix' and July 16 in Bayonne at the Bridgemen's 'Tournament of Stars.'