Hawthorne Caballero must read.

He is a treasure...but not the only one left from that group Joe Scarbor. Still stays as active as he can..Just saw him at the Hawthorne Memorial Day Parade.. and His daughter, Nancy ,and her husband Bob Durborow are still very active with the alumni corps.. One Giant family for sure..

btw, George still has fast hands, we have a special hand shake that he came up with and those fingers still can move.

Not only that, Frank, but give him a pair of drumsticks, and he will still play for you. His favorite is the old Les Parks classic solo known as "Hickory Dickory Dock." (You'd recognize it from the recordings of the late fifties and early sixties.) George originally played it as a snare drummer, but nowadays he insists we play the snare part for him, so he can play the tenor part fills. We've been trying to get him to play a little with us sometime at one of the Spring stage shows. Who knows, it may happen yet! :thumbup:

Come to Wildwood NJ, Bridgeport CT, Wayne, NJ, Kingston NY, Scranton Pa, or even Rochester, and I will personally introduce you to him! (These are the shows where the Caballeros and the Cabs Alumni will be performing together!) :thumbup:

(And that is, after you introduce yourself to me!!)

I'll try and find you at Scranton. Lookng forward to it. Keep looking once in awhile at the Westshore history thread. I'll get to the corps visits to Post 199 and how much I enjoyed those visits, and really-- how much our entire corps did. :worthy:

He is a treasure...but not the only one left from that group Joe Scarbor. Still stays as active as he can..Just saw him at the Hawthorne Memorial Day Parade.. and His daughter, Nancy ,and her husband Bob Durborow are still very active with the alumni corps

That is awesome. Very glad to hear Joe is doing well!