A GE question

This notion that judges think that the vast numbers of people in the audience are intellectual oafs, and can only respond to " emotional shows " as opposed to" intellectual shows " is ludicrous. Judges are not stupid. They realize that DCI crowds are a diverse group of people of varying degrees of musical training, tastes, experiences, likes, dislikes. In the crowd will be everything from professors of music to bubble gum chewing teenagers whose older brother is in one of the Corps and who made her boyfriend come to the show despite his not knowing a mellophone from a smartphone. Judges " get that ". The idea that judges can not ascertain if a show is connecting with a diverse audience is a specious argument in my opinion, and does not give credit to the judge's abilities to determine such things.

Can someone tell me what's on the table/proposal wise for 2012 in terms of changing these scoring sheets. I thought something was said in the theater about "entertainment" component and I'm sure it's probably already been discussed on here, but I've been in hibernation...if anyone knows...thanks

Can someone tell me what's on the table/proposal wise for 2012 in terms of changing these scoring sheets. I thought something was said in the theater about "entertainment" component and I'm sure it's probably already been discussed on here, but I've been in hibernation...if anyone knows...thanks

proposal that audiance value and the entertainment factor be built in..which in theory sounds great.

In the theatre show broadcast, Michael Cesario alluded to changes in the judging captions coming in 2012. It needs to be vetted, then voted on. He said he was confident the proposed changes would pass. He alluded to an " audience " factor being incorporated into the new judging sheets. But there really was no specifics given, Liahona. Maybe others on here know more. But thats all I know.

Edited by BRASSO

In the theatre show broadcast, Michael Cesario alluded to changes in the judging captions coming in 2012. It needs to be vetted, then voted on. He said he was confident the proposed changes would pass. He alluded to an " audience " factor being incorporated into the new judging sheets. But there really was no specifics given, Liahona. Maybe others on here know more. But thats all I know.

you are correct in the proposal as well as what he said

Thanks BRASSO...and GUARDLING...

I can see that being extremely controversial...I don't even want to touch that one...I think that was also something the Madison Scouts director alluded to last year now that I think about it...