Staff quotes

pre-tour... around day 3 or 4.

"Go back... do it again"

(we're walking)

"Faster!!"

(we start jogging)

"... silence and some uttering I didn't understand..."

back in our set.

[in a sarcastic tone] "OK... umm... How about we all just grab our towels and hit the beach for the rest of the day? clearly you'd all rather be on vacation and some of you obviously need to work on your tans."

:P still makes me laugh today.

• Like 1

"ISRAEL!!!!!!! You better run through the cornfields. Run for your life. Take your water bottle and hope I don't find you. I'm going to kick your *explicative* *explicative* *explicative*."

The staff member then came down the scaffolding and literally chased this kid into the cornfields behind the school. We never saw Israel again. We were definitely terrified of said staff member for the rest of the season.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken

One instructor. Marc Sylvester. Enough said.

• Like 1

While standing on the scaffolding the instructor pulled out his phone and acted like he was talking a couple of seconds while the guard watched. He then yelled out, “XXXXX, I have the ground on the phone and it is lodging a complaint. It has asked if you would quit dropping your flag it is starting to hurt and it is getting very annoyed with you. It is sorry that the wind catches your flag but it says it will support you if you try to catch it!” :laugh:

• Like 2

Tech: Was that in time?

Low Brass: NO!

Tech: What was it?

Low Brass: Out of time! :D

Tech: ...Okay, I have to give you credit for actually answering me. Unlike the High Brass, who just look at me like they're scared.

This made my day. :thumbup:

"Wake up boys and girls. It's time to go play drum corps". Robert Lendman

"Your F%#@&*n mommy is not here to baby you, you f%^$@#n p*#%#s. And if she is, she better be me making me better food than the S*@t we've been eating lately". A former famous DM who shall remain nameless. And a total jerk to boot.

"Just cause you stood next to the Bridgemen in retreat last night doesn't give you the excuse to act high".

"If you guys are going to waddle like penguins, I'm going to get you some tuxedos", during a crab exercise

My perc instructor to me, " Dude, of all the babes we have seen on tour this summer, that girl you picked up on is THE hottest chick I have ever seen in my life. You should have no problem cranking your tymps tonight".

That sounded so bad, it would make Mr. Rogers puke!

"Bush sighting in the bari line. Good job finishing the set though. Now pick up your panties and reset"

"Make the hair on my a#@ stick out"

"Take the f outta fart and make it art you boners"

Take your dirty socks out of your shoes on the truck. They are starting to stink up the silks"

"You give me blood and sweat and I'll buy you beers"

"Those guard outfits are so ugly, they are no slave to fashion" Seeing a competing guard for the first time on the east coast.

"You guys are so off today, let's just get drunk and screw"

More later, off to DATR...