Cavaliers are very very good this year

Can't agree more with this thread. They have something really special. Go Green.

Honestly, I think many of their higher scored shows were corny (Being James Bond? A Machine? Really?), but I still enjoyed them. It's only corny if it's performed unconvincingly, which I think happened in 2009.

Dude, 04 is one of my most listened to shows ever. Sick musical book. Baddayus to the enth degree.

Dude, 04 is one of my most listened to shows ever. Sick musical book. Baddayus to the enth degree.

Dude, it's still cheesy. Dude, didn't say it wasn't performed or designed very well. Dude, I said I enjoyed it. Dude.

• Like 1

good thread.

While Crown might have an outside shot of upsetting one of the Cadevaliers for the Title, it still looks to me like it'll be one of The Cadevaliers again.

I like the Bluecoats , but they are a tier below it looks like this year in my opinion.

If I had to go out on a limb here the first week, I think it'll ultimately come down to The Cadets and The Cavaliers once we get to Indy. But it's early for sure. We'll see.

In almost every year, one would be shocked not to see one of the trifectas of the Cadevaliers win the DCI Title. We sometimes are shocked ( Phantom, Madison wins it ), but by and large its an easy prediction to make the last 25 years that one of the Cadevaliers ultimately winds up winning it all again.

I don't think 2011 will be any different in this regard. As a matter of fact, I think it's pretty much a lock again this year.

Cadevaliers. i like that

Honestly, I think many of their higher scored shows were corny (Being James Bond? A Machine? Really?), but I still enjoyed them. It's only corny if it's performed unconvincingly, which I think happened in 2009.

Agreed about a James Bond theme being pretty cheesy, but I have never looked at Machine with anything but awe. What an incredible show that was. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

LOL when did Cavaliers become a scrappy underdog? Did I miss something here? They have as good a shot to win every year as any of those other top 4 or so.

You're right, but for them to be doing this well right out of the gate is refreshing, especially after a relatively rough start last season.

Edited by losnickes

don't get mad, but i think the show is missing something right now...

the Cavaliers usually take me half the season of changes and cleaning to pull me in, so i'll wait til then.

No offense taken. There are LOTS of things missing from the show right now.

Last year Mad World didn't make any sense and the corps was BAD for the first few weeks (nearly a month) of the season, but they kept adding, layering, changing, and cleaning until they got a pretty great product by the season's end. I think they have a better shell and a better start to the season with this show, but there is a lot to be added.

Before you say anything, I know it is June and I know my opinion is based on one grainy video from Youtube, as I have not seen them live yet, wont until late July, but I just don't get it. The best part to me was the three staccato notes at the end of part 2. Sure, incredibly chalked full of extreme talent...no doubt, but the dissonant chords on top of the weird audio tracks, just not for me. The tenors playing upside down...now that is a great gag! The drill is always spectacular, you come to expect that from the cavs, but the show is just "ehh" to me. But as another poster said, it usually takes half the summer of tweaks and changes to get them to the sweet spot. Still a big fan of the Green!