Judges first 2 shows

Okay after seeing the show last night and seeing the sheets for both nights the numbers seem everywhere, while I know different nights etc...but i wonder how much the order had to do....SCV drums 5 to first? BD horns 5th one night and 2nd the next but score drops 2 (approx) I think this would be a great opportunity for the two panels to sit down with the juding chair and talk about their criteria to see more of a real time review of their performance.....

not saying the orders aren't right or the numbers wrong but its just noticible having these 2 shows with these corps this early gives the judging community a chance to examine themselfs early instead of post championships.....

But it's going to be a great year i think

I think its great ... its actually realistic for early season. I don't want it to be set in stone yet.

Different people/judges see different things (thank god) and I'd love to continue seeing this kind of outcome for at least a few more weeks. The leap-frogging keeps it fresh. Not saying that I think 8th to 2nd jumps are reasonable, but movement 3 places in either direction are acceptable at this point.

• Like 2

I think its great ... its actually realistic for early season. I don't want it to be set in stone yet.

Different people/judges see different things (thank god) and I'd love to continue seeing this kind of outcome for at least a few more weeks. The leap-frogging keeps it fresh. Not saying that I think 8th to 2nd jumps are reasonable, but movement 3 places in either direction are acceptable at this point.

yeah keeps it fresh and interesting for the audience but how about the corps trying to work off tapes and opinions that have no consistency.Horrible place to be in from the corps point of view

The spread in captions are not that big and if you allow for 8 corps with a .10 between that’s almost a point there

If any thing, the judges were being cautious

A lot depends upon where the judge was and when as well as, the kind of run a corps had

It’s the first read, judges don’t know what to look for and when or where to position themselves and it’s doubtful the corps are having solid runs all the way through

The sheets set the numbers and there is room in the sheets, it’s not an exact science

Some of this is really coming off as early season OMG freak outs, give it time, there is a lot left and much of the season depends upon how the corps develop – I swear, if it’s not slotting, then they got it wrong but only if it went against my corps

And yeah, judges do get it wrong (and slot), I’m not an apologist but please, chill, mmmk?

That didn't take long - the first official Pro-Slotting thread of the 2011 competitive season.

:devil:

Guess the topic of West Coast Inflation wasn't available this year.

slotting? NO

consistency....YES

Being able to move up or down...YES

I would think it won't take long to fall in place but it is interesting when judges cant work off anothers mark what happens...lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

We didn't see Saturday night's show.

But see what happens when no one knows the results? NO SLOTTING!

DCI should post the final scores and maybe the breakdown of GE/Vis/Mus. The rest should be kept secret all season until the final championship recap.